How do you optim Fx sqlite db ?

OuT

Hi,

Before CCleaner implemented Firefox's sqlite db optimization, I was using a script which is running sqlite3.exe command line tool "VACUUM" operation

What I don't understand with CCleaner is that ccleaner.exe size didn't augmented, so how did you implement the functionnality? I presume you don't embed whole sqlite stuff but only a very small subset, please would you clarify it for me?

By the way, Thunderbird 3 and Mozilla Calendar also use sqlite, you might want to add them wink.gif

Regards

Hi,

Before CCleaner implemented Firefox's sqlite db optimization, I was using a script which is running sqlite3.exe command line tool "VACUUM" operation

What I don't understand with CCleaner is that ccleaner.exe size didn't augmented, so how do you implemented the functionnality? I presume you don't embed whole sqlite stuff but only a very small subset, please would you clarify it for me?

By the way, Thunderbird 3 and Mozilla Calendar also use sqlite, you might want to add them ;)

Regards

i dont understand why ccleaner added sqlite3 compack database. Iv been told by morzilla via email you only need to delete once to reduce size. the file size should be around 50mb,

No fate but what we make

I disagree, sqlite vacuum really does optim the db

In Firefox, the main effect will be on bookmarks (places.sqlite file, also contains the history but usually one chooses to empty the history during cleanup)

You'll notice effect if you have a lot of bookmarks and frequently modify them

For example, my Firefox's places.sqlite file is 1.62 MB, for 1726 bookmarks. Without optim it would weigth several hundred KBs more

Also, I just "vacuumed" a Thunderbird's global-messages-db.sqlite, it was 2.28 MB, now it is 1.89 MB, a 17% reduction