Firefox/Mozilla

DeeBeeS

I have in the main always used IE and Outlook Express, however I have recently tried using Firefox and Mozilla. I was not all that happy with these programmes so I deleted them and gone back to IE and OE. On using CCleaner I noticed that on both cleaner settings Firefox/Mozilla were shown. I then reinstalled CCleaner (I kept a copy on a CD) and noticed that Windows was now showing Internet Explorer but applications was still showing Mozilla/Firefox. Should I download CCleaner again and do a fresh install? I usually just install the latest version over the older one. Thanks in advance for your help.

Uninstalling those programs does not delete everything, they are designed so they can be uninstalled and re-installed and retain user settings, extensions, themes and plug-ins.

To remove them completely, you have to delete the installation folders in C:\Program Files. Also delete the Profile folders, location varies according to the program and your OS, see this page for help: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

I suggest you try out Firefox again after the upcoming release of the 1.5 version. I'm testing 1.5 Beta now, and it's a much improved version, though it still has some bugs to be worked out before it's ready for general release.

Uninstalling those programs does not delete everything, they are designed so they can be uninstalled and re-installed and retain user settings, extensions, themes and plug-ins.

To remove them completely, you have to delete the installation folders in C:\Program Files. Also delete the Profile folders, location varies according to the program and your OS, see this page for help:? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

I suggest you try out Firefox again after the upcoming release of the 1.5 version. I'm testing 1.5 Beta now, and it's a much improved version, though it still has some bugs to be worked out before it's ready for general release.

Thanks for your reply everything now sorted. Appreciated.

Dave

I have in the main always used IE and Outlook Express, however I have recently tried using Firefox and Mozilla.  I was not all that happy with these programmes so I deleted them and gone back to IE and OE.  On using CCleaner I noticed that on both cleaner settings Firefox/Mozilla were shown. I then reinstalled CCleaner (I kept a copy on a CD) and noticed that Windows was now showing Internet Explorer but applications was still showing Mozilla/Firefox. Should I download CCleaner again and do a fresh install? I usually just install the latest version over the older one. Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you use FireFox with the plug-in enabling to surf with tabs?

I have not used IE for ages.

Avant browser is also very good, I use it next to FireFox for different

purposes. :D

You're welome. DeeBeeS.

Boekanier, the basic Firefox browser uses tabs without any add-ons, extensions just add more options for using tabs. I don't use any tabbed browsing extensions myself, they seem to be somewhat problematic. I'm content with the normal tab options in the browser, anyway.