VERY bad bug "Wipe MFT Free Space"

Corithras

Wipe MFT Free Space, turned 3 (E, F, G) of my partitions, into unformated space after reboot.

It also removed the Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Windows Media Player etc. links in Start -> All Programs.

Additionaly a System Restore point that i think was created afterwards (not sure) couldn't be restored. I used a 2 day old System Restore point that worked. Fixes the symbols, but not the Partitions.

Windows XP SP3 32-Bit

CCleaner 2.27.1070

• Moderators

Hi Corithras, and welcome to Piriform.

It's possible that it's simply the information in the Partition Table which has been effected, and it may be worth having a look at Paragon Rescue Kit Express. (Freeware)

You may be able to "undelete" the effected partitions with it. This is just a case of writing a few bytes into the Partition Table.

Download:

I don't profess to know a lot about this stuff, but as it's a free program, it has to be worth a try.

Didn't work, seems to restart searching for partitions after a 15th or so of the progress bar is filled.

Maybe that program works for someone else.

Looking for files to restore with a Recovery Program now. While the program has it's own undelete function, i'm using a different one for that. :)

Oh, and Thanks for trying to help, done recovering my files now :).