CC CLEANER SUGGESTION

laurens

I am frequently having to revert to Editing the Registry after I have removed software. The process is simple enough, you open the REGEDIT, do a search for the program (such as copernic) and each time the search finds anything to do with copernic you delete it. You will be amazed at what is left during the normal remove program process.

It seems to me that CC CLEANER could have that FIND AND DELETE built into it, so that the average user who does the normal CC CLEAN then has the option of looking for (copernic) or whatever file has been deleted. The operator of CC CLEAN types the name into the box in CC CLEAN and does a search and each link that you find you delete.

What CC CLEANER then does is that the amateur does not have to tamper with the registry and he/she is confined to the excellent program that we have all gotten to love.

Oh yes...please do not tell me that CC CLEANER already cleans out all those pockets of left over bits of software. I assure you it does not.

ok... err... first off, wrong forum buddy.

Secondly its CCleaner, (Crap Cleaner). Not C Cleaner or CC Cleaner.

Thirdly, CCleaner's primary objective is not to clean your registry, it is to delete temporary files, logs, and backups on your computer that are not needed. The registry cleaner is just an added plus. If you want to have a real registry cleaner, find another piece of software out there on the 'net.

)corjello(

Edit, whoa im now an advance member. score!

@laurens:yeah it doesnt delete software registries from software that has been erased because it isnt implemented(it might be but im not sure). it only fixes the options that you see at the left treeview that you see when you click Issues.

i think that RegCompact .NET can do this. but im not sure.

ok... err... first off, wrong forum buddy.

Secondly its CCleaner, (Crap Cleaner). Not C Cleaner or CC Cleaner.

Thirdly, CCleaner's primary objective is not to clean your registry, it is to delete temporary files, logs, and backups on your computer that are not needed. The registry cleaner is just an added plus. If you want to have a real registry cleaner, find another piece of software out there on the 'net.

Sorry if I offended you with the incorrect terminology, I could call it strawberry picker if I wanted to, and you did know what I was talking about, so stop getting your Gstring in a knot. I made a suggestion to improve/upgrade the program so that it would also clean the OTHER CRAP and it will be a simple project for an experienced writer, and why not enhance the program further. It has been growing since it's inception. The way to make a dollar with software is to stay ahead of the opposition not to change colour or to be pedantic about the name if someone spells it wrong.

@laurens:yeah it doesnt delete software registries from software that has been erased because it isnt implemented(it might be but im not sure). it only fixes the options that you see at the left treeview that you see when you click Issues.

Thank you for that.....so now with the proposed new CRAP CLEANER is a fairly simple way to clean out surplus crap out of the registry. Add the extra icon into the left side of the program so that you name the program you want to clean out (after you deleted it through the normal windows system) and CCleaner (now further enhanced) will clean the crap out of the registry.

As I said earlier, I have used the manual method many times and I came up with the idea that maybe CRAP CLEANER could do it for me.

Thank you for that.....so now with the proposed new CRAP CLEANER is a fairly simple way to clean out surplus crap out of the registry. Add the extra icon into the left side of the program so that you name the program you want to clean out (after you deleted it through the normal windows system) and CCleaner (now further enhanced) will clean the crap out of the registry.

As I said earlier, I have used the manual method many times and I came up with the idea that maybe CRAP CLEANER could do it for me.

Not a bad idea, but it's not really what CCleaner is about. You should check out RegSeeker: http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

It has a keyword search function thats pretty close to what you were describing

• Moderators
The process is simple enough, you open the REGEDIT, do a search for the program (such as copernic) and each time the search finds anything to do with copernic you delete it.

That may sound like a good ideal but there's a problem with it, as in doing that with all programs:

The Windows installation has some compatibility registry entries for software like Norton, etc., that it puts in the registry to reduce conflicts. Now lets say you delete everything that has to do with Norton including the compatibility entries originally installed by Windows and you later install a Norton product, you may have a problem.

Also using RegSeeker to delete every entry it finds to a reference can cause problems, since some registry data is intertwined with other settings, meaning for example if you remove part of an entry within a StringValue, etc., you can cause problems.

I know nothing about the deeper issues of registry..... I have been into registry many times just to delete left overs from many programs and never had a problem. (up to now) I take your advice on board and hope I have not created some long term problem for myself.

The reason I have thrown the issue into the ring is for the reasons you have explained... and that is for the purpose of self education and advice.

I see that a different program was mentioned to clean the registry however I still believe that CRAP CLEANER also means cleaning Crap from the registry, so instead of advice on what other programs do it, let us stick to getting CRAP CLEANER to clean the Crap out of the registry and I will be a happy little vegemite, or Black Duck for you that do not know what Vegemite is.