Wipe Space Clean Problem

Gday!

I am having trouble with version V2.27.1070

When I click on the cleaner, at 99 percent, it says WIPE CLEAN SPACE 49.4 MB and continues to do it each and every time I use it

I have Interent Explorer 8.0 and Modzilla

have accepted cookies, no firewall and security blocking it from running ok

was working fine until upgraded to this version

Can you please help?

Look forward to your reply

G'day and thank you for the prompt reply!

I have the box checked each time I use

EACH time I use, it still wants to wipe clean the 49.4 MB

So am trying to see how I can get the option to work, but you can't tell me each and every time I use, the same amount needs to be wiped eh?

Thank you and look forward to resolving this

PS GREAT product....highly recommend and have to all my friends :)

• Moderators

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. That CC doesn't wipe the last 49 mb? That 49 mb is all the free space you have? That CC never gets past 99%?

Wipe Free Space will always wipe all your free space every time you use it, even if you run it every day. (I would think that running it every few months would be more than enough.) You could try unticking the Wipe MFT Free Space box and see what that does.

G'day and thank you for your reply...

sorry, will try and make my problem clearer

I run cc cleaner almost every day; sometimes more than once a day as I do ALOT of computer work

WHEN I run it, and WHEN it gets to 99 percent done, it shows the WIPE CLEAN message...which says I have 49.4 MB to clean EACH AND EVERY TIME I run cc cleaner

it then proceeds to wipe clean the 49.4 MB (which takes quite a while) and then completes its function to 100 percent

1) I have plenty of space left on my hard drive

2) I think the program does not need to WIPE CLEAN the exact same amount of 49.4 MB each and every time; possible a bug in the version?

3) By unticking that options, it won't be complete in its function will it?

Hopefully this sheds some light in my enquiry...

if not, will try and have another go as to me it is clear, but if I am not making myself clear, is difficult for you to help with the problem..

thank you for being patient

1) I have plenty of space left on my hard drive

2) I think the program does not need to WIPE CLEAN the exact same amount of 49.4 MB each and every time; possible a bug in the version?

3) By unticking that options, it won't be complete in its function will it?

Hopefully this sheds some light in my enquiry...

if not, will try and have another go as to me it is clear, but if I am not making myself clear, is difficult for you to help with the problem..

I will never quite understand why people will WFS every time ccleaner is run. It's pointles and causes unnesserssery strain on your HD.

"By unticking that options, it won't be complete in its function will it?" why do you think it's not enabled by default?

No fate but what we make

No worries and thanks you

did not know that

re

I will never quite understand why people will WFS every time ccleaner is run. It's pointles and causes unnesserssery strain on your HD.

Now I do

thank you

So in your opinion, how often would you run cccleaner with that function enabled?

I will untick the box

So in your opinion, how often would you run cccleaner with that function enabled?

Never? lol im serious. It does serve a purpose. which many people use. But If you are really that keen on using it i would say In my opinion once every 3 months? which i still dont do.

I dont use ccleaners WFS option. i use another app to do it which i wont mention because i will feel like im taking something away from ccleaner right now since this threads on ccleaners WFS.

Many people will say 3 months is a waste of time. It's your choice regardles, but once a day is very silly. It wouldnt actually be cleaning any thing because there would be virtually nothing to remove since you use it so often.

HNY by the way

No fate but what we make