CCleaner & Windows XP Pro 64 bit Errors

Wiseone

I have installed CCleaner v2.26.1050 on a legal version of Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

When I run "Run Cleaner" it I get the following error:

The procedure entry point , and

when this little window closes, I get a new one: Error loading InetCpl.cpl , The specified procedure could

not be found. :unsure:

I would appreciate some help in trying to get this issue resolved.

Thanks

• Moderators

I found this old similar post here, is it of any use to you? I am presumimg his settings in the middle screenshot fixed it.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20482

Could you let us know please?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I found this old similar post here, is it of any use to you? I am presumimg his settings in the middle screenshot fixed it.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20482

Could you let us know please?

Thank you Hazelnut for your reply. :)

Disabling cleaner options such as "Autocomplete Form History" as per the previous post does seam stop the error messages, however I am curious to know why these

errors occur only in Windows XP 64bit? Surely the options such as "Autocomplete Form History" that work in Windows XP 32bit

version should also work in the 64bit version.

There seams to be problem with the ADVPACK.dll version being referenced but for the life of me I can't find a solution to this problem.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out here. :unsure:

Thanks

With a lot of persistence and a bit of luck it would appear I have a solution to the following errors on

Windows XP Professional 64bit when running CCleaner. The following errors are not restricted to CCleaner

as I have observed the same error when configuring Windows Media Player 11 64bit.

Run32Dll Error:

The procedure entry point RegInstallW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVPACK.dll

followed by

Error loading InetCpl.cpl

Solution:

Check to see if there is a dll called ADVPACK2.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64

If there is compare the version numbers of ADVPACK2.dll with ADVPACK.dll in the SYSWOW64 directory

If the ADVPACK2.dll version is greater than ADVPACK.dll then do the following;

• 1. Backup ADVPACK.dll by copying it to another folder i.e: C:\Temp\ADVPACKBackup\OLDSysADVPACKDll
    2. Copy ADVPACK2.dll to another folder i.e: C:\Temp\ADVPACKBackup\NewADVPACKDll
    3. Rename ADVPACK2.dll to ADVPACK.dll
    4. Copy and Paste renamed ADVPACK.dll into C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64, allowing overwrite when prompted.
    5. Cleanup by deleting ADVPACK2.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64
    6. If this does not resolve this error then restore the backups of ADVPACK2.dll and ADVPACK.dll that you backed up earlier in steps 1 & 2.

Note: Do not try to register ADVPACK.dll using RegSvr32 as the ADVPACK dlls are self registering.

Explanation:

It would appear the ADVPACK.dll installed as part of the operating system is not being overwritten when Service Pack 2

or Internet Explorer 7 are installed . Instead the newer version of ADVPACK.dll is installed along side as ADVPACK2.dll.

This is useless since applications are still referencing the older version of ADVPACK.dll hence the errors.

FYI: The versions I had were as follows;

ADVPACK.dll version: 6.0.3790.3959

ADVPACK2.dll version: 7.0.5730.13 (Newer version)

Good Luck I hope this helps those of you who may suffer the misfortune of running into this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for posting back with such detailed info written in an easy to understand way.

Hopefully this will help others searching for a fix to this problem :)

Thank you for your kind feed back. I certain hope I may be of some help to others

who experience this issue. :)