Windows Socket Errors

Winapp2.ini

Recently (about two weeks) I've been getting 1-2 Winsock errors a day. These let me stay on internet mediums such as IRC, AIM, MSN and other things that don't need a web page to load for them to work, but it requires that I either log out or restart to fix them.

In terms of fixing it more permentantly, I've tried scanning for virii/spyware, no results found. Tried a rootkit detector, no results found. Tried using a microsoft FixIt tool, which didn't work and a Winsockfixer tool off of CNET.

Does anyone have any ides what might be causing these errors, or, how to fix it? Its very annoying as a lot of what I do involves loading web pages.

• Moderators

What does the error say exactly?

What shows up in the event viewer?

Have you considered following this thread ? (just in case!)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Recently (about two weeks) I've been getting 1-2 Winsock errors a day. These let me stay on internet mediums such as IRC, AIM, MSN and other things that don't need a web page to load for them to work, but it requires that I either log out or restart to fix them.

In terms of fixing it more permentantly, I've tried scanning for virii/spyware, no results found. Tried a rootkit detector, no results found. Tried using a microsoft FixIt tool, which didn't work and a Winsockfixer tool off of CNET.

Does anyone have any ides what might be causing these errors, or, how to fix it? Its very annoying as a lot of what I do involves loading web pages.

do you have SAS installed ? if yes, go to Preferences > Repair tab > scroll down and find Winsock repair

hope this helps ;)