leave defraggler defragmenting 4 partitions when I am sleeping

svartahrid

yesterday before I sleep I had the good idea to leave defraggler defragmenting my hard drives and partitions while I am sleeping (defragmenting can take some hours if the data is very fragmented "in my case") but unfortunately defraggler only can defrag one partition at a time and then you will need to select manually other partition to defrag, I was very surprised of that very rare limitation, would be perfect if you can improve defraggler and add a batch processor in the next version, also you can add some check boxes and select which partitions you want to defrag, so then when it finalize to defragmenting partition C and then it will automatically start to defragmenting the next drive or partition.

sorry for my bad english, I'm just making miracles writing this improve request xDDD.

2nizp13.png

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the suggestion and had the same problem to solve.

My solution however was to set up 4 scheduled tasks to start at 1 hour intervals to run once only.

The tasks have to be in the future AND Defraggler must not be running, so I started the first ten minutes later to give time to set up all four and exit.

What happened was that Defraggler started all four tasks and now 30 hours later only 1 is still running - that is the subject of another question which if I cannot find another post I will be posting (Obtaining status of scheduled or background Defraggler tasks).

So this may be an interim solution for others.

Regards Stokersson

Here is a temporary solution. Create a batch file and run it with admin privliges!

Just change the drives to your setup :D

64bit Windows

-------------------------------------------------------

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Defraggler"

df.exe c: /qd

df.exe d: /qd

df.exe e: /qd

32bit Windows

-------------------------------------------------------

cd "C:\Program Files\Defraggler"

df.exe c: /qd

df.exe d: /qd

df.exe e: /qd

Hi,

currently you can use the schedule to do the job. Just create schedules for drives you would like to defrag in some close time from each other (e.g. 5 minutes). Several instances will be created. Please notice that only one instance at a time will defrag. The rest will wait - so the jobs run sequentially.

Just make sure that before the schedule starts you don't have any other instances of Defraggler (Defraggler.exe of df.exe) running.

Best regards

Romanoff

It is not a good idea to attempt to defrag simultaneously more than one partition on the same hard disk, because of the excessive and entirely unproductive amount of disk heads movement which would be caused.

Defragmenting several hard drives at a time would, of course, not have the same problem!