CCcleaner deleting my passwords and user IDs on forums

deleteman

Hi to all

I have been running CCcleaner a few days now and I have found that I can't seem to stop it deleting my saved user names and passwords on forums and websites I visit. I have put the sites I want to save in the cookies to keep area and have even tried unchecking delete index dat files but I can't seem to solve the problem. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Piriform deleteman.

I have been running CCcleaner a few days now and I have found that I can't seem to stop it deleting my saved user names and passwords on forums and websites I visit.

It would help if you told us your operating system with service pack number along with which web browsers you use? Which version of CC? Its going to be easier if you add this info to your signature.

Now these cookies can be a strange thing. I save all my regular cookies for username/passworded sites. Some times after I did a clean I had to log back in these sites.

As Dennis has suggested you can untick the "Adobe Flash Player" in "Applications\Multimedia". That worked for a while but the fault came back again. Now Dennis has suggested the same solution in other topics (a long time ago) talking about this problem.

I find the newer version appears to work ok at the moment. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

Hi

I am using CCcleaner version 2.26.1050 Windows XP home edition Service pack 3

I'm afraid unchecking Adobe flash player in the applications section has made no difference at all 2 out of the six websites I have in the keep cookies section are having my username and password deleted when I run CCcleaner. I must add I have kept Index.dat files checked in the windows section.

Thanks

As Keno mentioned, which browser or browsers are you using?

And without encroaching on your privacy, can you indicate some of the cookies which are being removed?

:)

Hi DennisD

I'm using IE 8 and it is my user name and log in details that I have set through the forums to log me in automatically each time that are being erased by CCcleaner. CCcleaner is quite a powerful peace of software for a novice like me :) but that's the only problem I have encountered. CCcleaner works incredibly fast on my computer. I don't know how to identify the cookies but I can say that the forums are private I wouldn't like to reveal what they are to protect my privacy.

• Moderators

There was a bug with CCleaner and IE 8 "Kept" cookies being deleted, but it was apparently fixed a few months ago:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry135136

Have you tried reinstalling CCleaner?

EDIT: It may not be CCleaner according to the discussion on this forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...12-a069d6433eab

I'll still have a search back through previous posts in case I've missed something. Memory thing I'm afraid. :)

I'm using IE 8 and it is my user name and log in details that I have set through the forums to log me in automatically each time that are being erased by CCcleaner.

I use IE8.0 on my laptop but my saved cookies are saved and I'm in 50+ forums.

I've had a bug on one site for a couple of weeks or more. Everytime I went to that site I had to login but when I saved my details I had a message back these couldn't be save as the site is very busy. This was becoming a pain in the back site everytime I went there. The other day I opened CC and removed http://www.annoyances.org/ from the saved cookies and I did a clean. I went back to annoyances.org again and logged in again and this time it saved my details. I opened CC again and move www.annoyances.org to the cookies to keep. Now it works as it should do everytime I go on there.

If you know its only the odd site that asks for username and password just remove these from cookies to keep. Do a clean and login these sites again with your details. Then move these cookies over to keep them. If its more than the odd site then I would move all saved cookies back. Do a clean and login a fresh with each site then move the cookies to be kept.

I don't think it as anything to do with Flash Player. I think all as the Flash Player ticked does is delete the update files thats all. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0