Rogue's gallery

hazelnut

Name and Shame what a brilliant idea !!

I didn`t dare click the links though !!!

:) they are perfectly safe, they give you a bigger screenshot and a list of what changes it makes to computers.

fireryone

:) they are perfectly safe, they give you a bigger screenshot and a list of what changes it makes to computers.

Thanks Fireyone !!

Have had a look at a few..it certainly is scary scareware,It could get a bit nasty though if lavasoft put one on there that was legit or a rival !!

Fluff

• Moderators

For the benefit of members who have never encountered one of these rogue applications suddenly appearing on the screen, they can be accompanied by warning messages popping up all over the place.

They seem to scream at you that your PC is infested with all sorts of malware, and to download or do a scan immediately.

Whatever you do, don't mouse click anything on the screen, even the red X close buttons will be wired as download links.

Any clickable button will be wired as a download link, and although it's easy to panic, that's the last thing you want to do.

Do one of the following:

1: Right Click the Internet icon in your system tray and select "Disconnect".

nyR6qs.png

2: Launch Task Manager, "Ctrl+Alt+Del", highlight your browser, and select "End Process".

dIt7Gs.png

I think the first method is preferable as the second still leaves you connected to the Internet.

And finally, I'll repeat for good measure... "Don't Click Anything".