Disk space usage pie chart colours

Keno69

• Redesigned disk space usage pie chart.

I've been using Defraggler for a while and its always worked great. However I don't like the new disk space usage pie chart it has no colour.

What was the advantage of using no colours?

Sorry but I won't use 1.15.163 until its changed back. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

A colour for used space and a "clear" empty space.

What would your suggestion be?

Hi Dennis thanks for the welcome.

I know what the colour represents but you have to think, is the grey used space.

My suggestion would be to go back to the old pie chart with colour.

I just wondered why MrG has changed it? Not to save a few bytes surely? ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

• Moderators

I believe it was changed because a lot of users, including yours truly, thought the original 2D version took up a ridiculous amount of space. Which it did really.

Maybe the 3D version can be sharpened up a bit, but I wouldn't like to go back to the over-large old version.

The devs might apply a more artistic hand to it. We can only wait and watch. :)

Keno, how come you don't see the pie in color? On my screen it is clearly blue. Of course, it is a matter of taste, but I personally like the new design. I don't think many users still want to see this overlarge Windows-XP-like blue&pink chart. And, you are hopefully not serious about refusing to use the program because of the looks of the pie chart, are you?

Mike

Keno, how come you don't see the pie in color? On my screen it is clearly blue.

On the latest version I only see a white circle with a grey section for used space on both XP and Vista.

And, you are hopefully not serious about refusing to use the program because of the looks of the pie chart, are you?

I'm deadly serious Mike I'm not using it. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

On the latest version I only see a white circle with a grey section for used space on both XP and Vista.

You don't see the pie like shown in Dennis' post (#2, this thread)? Then it is a bug, but not necessarily Defraggler's. Maybe it is some system library used for the pie chart display and maybe your's is broke? Honestly, I don't know.

Can you post a screen shot? It would be interesting, if others experience this thing too.

I'm deadly serious Mike I'm not using it. ;)

But you are not trying to threat anybody by not using Defraggler :huh:

You don't see the pie like shown in Dennis' post (#2, this thread)? Then it is a bug, but not necessarily Defraggler's. Maybe it is some system library used for the pie chart display and maybe your's is broke? Honestly, I don't know.

No my picture is different to Dennis's at least his is blue mine is all white with a grey area for used space. If your saying its a bug then its a bug with Defraggler. I've tried the 1.15.163 on 3 or 4 different computers and they all show the same bland pie chart. If you change back to 1.14.159 it shows as it should.

Can you post a screen shot? It would be interesting, if others experience this thing too.

But you are not trying to threat anybody by not using Defraggler :huh:

I'll try and post a pic when I get home.

I'm not threatening anyone I'm just saying I don't like the new version so I'm not using it. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

This is how mine looks like, at work and at home too (attachment, hope this works). Both are Windows XP Pro SP3.

Just to make sure: Your drive does not happen to be that empty, so that you only see the gray free space, right?

post-24745-1259590308_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if you're using a theme on the PC/PC's not showing colour Keno?

I don't think so Dennis. I've tried all the themes and colours and its still blue (I thought it was grey) pics attached. Just the same as your Dennis which it totally difference to how it used to show. ;)

post-33557-1259617249_thumb.jpg

post-33557-1259617259_thumb.jpg

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

Honestly I don't get why arguing about this.

Visual chart started to look more informative.

As for me when I firstly saw it, I was little confused

of change, but got used to it, it's nice and shows

empty space better than old.

Though chart could be more visual if fragmented

clusters also would be displayed on it.