Problem with registry

DrEzRo

• Moderators

You need to give a bit more info really.

What OS are you using, xp, vista?

Which version of ccleaner?

I take it you are talking about the registry clean (issues)?

What are the .dlls called?

Are you having any other problems with your computer?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

im using xp pro im using the latest version 2.5 i think and the problem is with missing shared DLLS i have another problem right clicking but i dont think thats it i cant see what dlls because it loads a 100% and than it gets stuck

• Moderators

Hi DrEzRo.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is happening when you say CCleaner is sticking on 4% and then 100%, and the cause probably being missing shared dll's.

When CCleaners registry scan completes, the green "completion" bar and the "100%" indication remain on the screen. To confirm that the scan is indeed finished, the "Fix Selected Issues" button becomes active.

Maybe start off by downloading the latest version of CCleaner from here ...

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

... and carry out an "Issues" (registry) scan. If it goes to 100% with a full indicator bar, then run "Fix Selected Issues".

Make sure you follow the CCleaner dialogue and make a backup of the entries to be deleted, which is saved by default to "My Documents".

If it sticks again at 4%, try doing an individual scan of each entry by right clicking an entry and selecting "Scan <name>".

This way you can find out exactly which item CCleaner is sticking on, and post back.

Hi DrEzRo.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is happening when you say CCleaner is sticking on 4% and then 100%, and the cause probably being missing shared dll's.

When CCleaners registry scan completes, the green "completion" bar and the "100%" indication remain on the screen. To confirm that the scan is indeed finished, the "Fix Selected Issues" button becomes active.

Maybe start off by downloading the latest version of CCleaner from here ...

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

... and carry out an "Issues" (registry) scan. If it goes to 100% with a full indicator bar, then run "Fix Selected Issues".

Make sure you follow the CCleaner dialogue and make a backup of the entries to be deleted, which is saved by default to "My Documents".

If it sticks again at 4%, try doing an individual scan of each entry by right clicking an entry and selecting "Scan <name>".

This way you can find out exactly which item CCleaner is sticking on, and post back.

i already have the latest version and itgoes up to 100% it shows that i can click on "fix selected issues" but i cant really click it and i cant get out of ccleaner cause it freezes....

• Moderators

The "Fix selected issues" becomes active, but when you click it, CCleaner freezes.

Going back to your mention of Missing Shared dll's, can you see what happens if you uncheck that item and then do a scan and fix.

We'll have to eliminate stuff to find the problem I'm thinking.

The "Fix selected issues" becomes active, but when you click it, CCleaner freezes.

Going back to your mention of Missing Shared dll's, can you see what happens if you uncheck that item and then do a scan and fix.

We'll have to eliminate stuff to find the problem I'm thinking.

i cant it gets stuck but if i run the cleaner with everything except missing dlls it works...

• Moderators

A similar problem here, and I'm wondering if you can see any particular missing dll's listed.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=25496&hl=

The safe mode fix would probably work for you too, but make sure you have a backup of the entries before they're deleted.

I'm confident it shouldn't cause any problems, but it pays to have the backup safeguard.

A similar problem here, and I'm wondering if you can see any particular missing dll's listed.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=25496&hl=

The safe mode fix would probably work for you too, but make sure you have a backup of the entries before they're deleted.

I'm confident it shouldn't cause any problems, but it pays to have the backup safeguard.

it still doesnt work... i dont know what else i can try...

• Moderators

Are you saying that ccleaner will not run correctly in safe mode for you?

What is the right-click problem you are having?

Are all your virus/malware scans up to date and clean?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Are you saying that ccleaner will not run correctly in safe mode for you?

What is the right-click problem you are having?

Are all your virus/malware scans up to date and clean?

i dont have that problem anymore and all the scans and stuff are up to date

i really cant understand what is this problem

• Moderators

It may be a particular entry in the registry which is being protected for some reason, and to have any chance of fixing the problem we need to know which item CCleaner is sticking on.

If you right click on "Missing Shared DLL's" and scan just that item, is there anything listed in the scan window?

When it gets to the sticking point, can you see any reference at all, even momentarily displayed, in the scan window?

And did you actually try CCleaner in safe mode. If your unsure of how to, and forgive me if I'm wrong, this is an explanation of how to get into safe mode:

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

I have been using CCleaner for years and several verisons back, the same or somewhat problem occurred on my system during registry cleaning. The progress bar would go completely green w/100% almost immediately. The Cancel Scan button remained 'active' while the Fix Selected Issues remained inactive (greyed out). Once, leaving it sit like this for hours it finally listed issues and the Fix button became clickable. From the start of this happening until now I always have had the latest version loaded.

Reading this post, I ran registry cleaner with the Missing Shared DLLs unchecked. The scan ran smoothly just like it had several versions ago. I do not believe I had the Missing Shared DLLs unchecked for all the years I've been using the program, but I could be wrong. B U G ?? Who knows

Follow up.... I just right clicked Missing Shared DLLs to scane just those. The green completion bar & 100% came up immediated and about 15 seconds later the Cancel Scan became greyed out and the Fix button was clickable. Hope this helps.........

still doesnt work... and i ran it on safe mode and i right clicked and everything... it doesnt work.... it goes immediatly to 100% and the fix selected issues is active but the program is stuck...

well i left it for about 4 hours and i think i fixed the issues there were like 5500 missing dll but i did another scan and it does the same thing

so ill leave it for a while and than update you on what heppens

i did it again and there were 5100 left

and again there were 2200 left and now there are 2 left

What are the 2 items and their path in the registry?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls

or do you mean the other thing

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafeif.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vetredir.dll

none of these things exist so i dont know what to do...

• Moderators
I have been using CCleaner for years and several verisons back, the same or somewhat problem occurred on my system during registry cleaning. The progress bar would go completely green w/100% almost immediately. The Cancel Scan button remained 'active' while the Fix Selected Issues remained inactive (greyed out). Once, leaving it sit like this for hours it finally listed issues and the Fix button became clickable. From the start of this happening until now I always have had the latest version loaded.

Reading this post, I ran registry cleaner with the Missing Shared DLLs unchecked. The scan ran smoothly just like it had several versions ago. I do not believe I had the Missing Shared DLLs unchecked for all the years I've been using the program, but I could be wrong. B U G ?? Who knows

Follow up.... I just right clicked Missing Shared DLLs to scane just those. The green completion bar & 100% came up immediated and about 15 seconds later the Cancel Scan became greyed out and the Fix button was clickable. Hope this helps.........

Thanks for your input Ray, it all helps.

Mainly the fact that some people have so many apparently dead items in the registry, it can initially take a long time to scan.

I've never had that problem so it didn't come to mind.

Welcome to Piriform by the way.

• Moderators

or do you mean the other thing

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafeif.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vetredir.dll

none of these things exist so i dont know what to do...

We must be nearly there now, as those are exactly the same two items causing the problem in the linked to thread in post #9 of this thread.

I understand they could actually be part of a Zone Alarm uninstall.

Try the Safe Mode scan and fix again, and the final two items should be despatched.

EDIT: You just pipped me hazel. Didn't see your post.