MSE vs Avast! vs Avira

Stocker360

• Moderators

Plenty of threads and posts already about what av people prefer Stocker.

A verses B threads never really end up saying anything apart from folk saying which av they use, so if people are going to reply to this post it has to be with something more concrete than...... ''that av sucks''.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm using the latest beta of Avast 5 right now, and I prefer it over Avira and MSE, because Avira gives a lot of FP, while MSE kept giving me update problems (Avira also has that too).

Avira seems to have a bit of a reputation for false positives, but I must say that in the six months or so I've been using it it's never been a problem. As we know, updates have been a problem ... but they do seem to have resolved that by breaking down their update files into smaller chunks.

Edited to add ... it's the free version that's previously had the update problems ... as per Tom's post below I understand this problem didn't affect Premium users.

I have Avast! 4.8 Professional Edition and i am VERY HAPPY to have and also have MSE installed into my computer so i am to safety!

I've always understood we should have only ONE virus detector installed.

"Running multiple antivirus programs concurrently can degrade performance and create conflicts." - Wikipedia

Avira is a good AV, but I kept having FP problems with it whenever I had it installed.

What's this, Groundhog Day ... is this where me and TomAZ post (again) that we haven't seen unacceptable lrevel of false positives from Avira? :)

What's this, Groundhog Day ... is this where me and TomAZ post (again) that we haven't seen unacceptable lrevel of false positives from Avira? :)

Well I'll take that role and state that in the past year I've been using it I've had one fp. The biggest/only nuisance was the update problems but, fingers crossed, it's been fine for a few days now.

hey guys one question-avira8-...does it have the update problem too?...

i heard that version is more suitable for xp,'cause it doen't have the IPV6.

Neither should Avira 9 now (and, as I said, in the past few days it has been fine)

read in their forum,they're working on it,but still some people compalining for updates.

Well I can only say from my own perspective but I had almost constant update issues and for last few days no problems. I don't know if the fix has been sent out or partially sent out or whether they've sorted something server side but so far so good (still keeping fingers crossed though, just in case)

I use MSE and back it up with MBAM. It was fun while it lasted Avast!.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Ok I take it all back. Sod's law as soon as I post saying it's been updating fine the very next update takes 25 mins 'scanning for updates' again <_<

and guess what...25 min..means they're improving a lot,sometimes it takes me almost an hour.

and guess what...25 min..means they're improving a lot,sometimes it takes me almost an hour.

That wasn't 25 mins updating, that was just 25 mins scanning for updates before it aborted (was longer than 25 mins but that's where it was at last time I looked at it).

Knew I should have kept quiet, was working great till I opened my gob :D