Yahoo Toolbar Checkbox

fragghead

All it is asking you is if you would like to add the yahoo toolbar on setup. Most people dont like this and uncheck it. Me included.

CCleaner is a freeware application and requirers funding. If you want it, leave it checked. If not. Uncheck it.

Hope this helps.

No fate but what we make

All it is asking you is if you would like to add the yahoo toolbar on setup. Most people dont like this and uncheck it. Me included.

CCleaner is a freeware application and requirers funding. If you want it, leave it checked. If not. Uncheck it.

Hope this helps.

I should make this a little clearer. I have CCleaner installed without the Yahoo Toolbar. After launching CCleaner, the applications window shows a Yahoo Toolbar checkbox option. I'm wondering why it's there when I don't have the Yahoo Toolbar installed. Thanks...

I should make this a little clearer. I have CCleaner installed without the Yahoo Toolbar. After launching CCleaner, the applications window shows a Yahoo Toolbar checkbox option. I'm wondering why it's there when I don't have the Yahoo Toolbar installed. Thanks...

Have you ever installed it and then removed it? I'm not sure how ccleaner toggles the options to visible TRUE or FALSE.

My guess is there is something left behind that ccleaner gets the information to show the option. Maybe a bug in how ccleaner saves it settings. I once had opera installed. Then removed. It is still displayed in applications.

I personally dont let this worry me in the slightest.

No fate but what we make

Have you ever installed it and then removed it? I'm not sure how ccleaner toggles the options to visible TRUE or FALSE.

My guess is there is something left behind that ccleaner gets the information to show the option. Maybe a bug in how ccleaner saves it settings. I once had opera installed. Then removed. It is still displayed in applications.

I personally dont let this worry me in the slightest.

Recently I had the Yahoo Toolbar installed by mistake with the AVG free program. I thought I totally uninstalled it and checked registry and files for any remnants. I guess I'll just ignore it.

• 1 month later...

I have been using CClearner and Degraggler for a LONG time. I find it VERY disappointing that Piriform has, in the last couple of versions, decided to include the "option" to install what I consider to be crapware. This is Yahoo Toolbar.

I'm sure they make money every time some poor soul (like me) who is used to clicking the OK box all of a sudden now has this crapware toolbar. I really wish they wouldn't do this. I've deeply respected and admired their software up until they started doing this.

So sue me.

I have been using CClearner and Degraggler for a LONG time. I find it VERY disappointing that Piriform has, in the last couple of versions, decided to include the "option" to install what I consider to be crapware. This is Yahoo Toolbar.

I'm sure they make money every time some poor soul (like me) who is used to clicking the OK box all of a sudden now has this crapware toolbar. I really wish they wouldn't do this. I've deeply respected and admired their software up until they started doing this.

So sue me.

That option had been available for as long as I can remember, going back to when I started using CCleaner in 2006.

And besides, you shouldn't be so hasty to click through ELUA's ect anyway :)

• Moderators
That option had been available for as long as I can remember, going back to when I started using CCleaner in 2006.

And besides, you shouldn't be so hasty to click through ELUA's ect anyway :)

On top of the very important statement above

Piriform has for the extent of my using it offered two-three build of CCleaner that do not have the Yahoo bar (which is the only source of income they have BTW) you can find them by clicking the other builds link on the download page

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...
On top of the very important statement above

Piriform has for the extent of my using it offered two-three build of CCleaner that do not have the Yahoo bar (which is the only source of income they have BTW) you can find them by clicking the other builds link on the download page

and, just for the record, I pulled out an old USB drive with 1.0.8 defraggler on it and this did NOT have yahoo toolbar on it. I'd rather voluntarily contribute (I have) rather than having crapware to avoid instaling.

Case closed!