Clean junk from applications

Ronnie Jorgensen

Hi everyone,

Is it just me or does CCleaner never really clean junk from applications ? My CCleaner is very effective for windows and registry, but every time i scan for application junk 9/10 times it comes up with 0kb to be cleaned :) Just wonder if the rest of you have the same or just my PC that does not have all those crappy files from applications.

Also does anyone know if you can safely delete $uninstal(something) under c:\Windows (you need to have show hidden files and folders turned on) I know it is from Service packs and other hotfixes, but they could take up ALOT of space.

Cheers

Also does anyone know if you can safely delete $uninstal(something) under c:\Windows (you need to have show hidden files and folders turned on) I know it is from Service packs and other hotfixes, but they could take up ALOT of space.

Hi Ronnie.

With reference to the $Ntuninstall folders, see this article ... http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Hotfix_backup.htm

They take up a lot of space ... do you need it though? Personally I'd only be bothered to delete them if I was really stuffed for hard disk space. But I'd take a copy first :)