How to make an exception

johnsmithbisley

After running CCleaner, the File Open and File save boxes in Office 2007 are reset to the default small size. I drag the boxes to the size and position I choose and they stay there until the next time I run CCleaner.

I have removed the check mark from the Office 2007 line in Applications, what else can I do to prevent this unwanted change by the otherwise excellent CCleaner?

• Moderators

remove the checkmark from window size and location

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

remove the checkmark from window size and location

Thanks for your reply. I never had that box checked, in fact nothing in the Advanced section. What I have discovered by testing every option, yes, every one, one at a time is that the problem of the Open and Save As dialog boxes in Word and Excel 2007 being reset to default size does not occur if I uncheck the box marked "Other Explorer MRUs" in the Windows Explorer section.

What else does that section do, that is now no longer cleared? I would find it very useful to have a detailed list of exactly what each check box turns on or off to enable this sort of thing to be tracked down. The list on the web site is not detailed enough to track down the problem.

Can anyone tell me what folder or registry entry is cleaned when the "Other Explorer MRUs" box is checked? If I can find the file or entry that affects Word and Excel, I can add that to the exclusion list.