Ideas for additional information

marmite

A couple of suggestions for additional information (now removed from yesterday's thread):

'Network Adapters' category (including current IP, MAC, gateway, DNS servers etc)

Drive volume enumeration (drive letter, file system, size/free/used)

Any RAID information under Hard Drives (if not there already - I haven't got access to my RAID PC at the mo.)

BIOS settings (in addition to existing info)

USB devices

Throroughly agree with all these

A program I know of that does a similar thing is PC Wizard 2009 so maybe you could incorporate some features they ahve into Speccy. I never liked Pc Wizards interface but it does tell you some good info.

The temp monitoring of Speccy is excellent too.

Also, when you are able to identify the manufacturer of an item, then why not include hyperlinks to their website and or support/driver site?

• 3 weeks later...
A couple of suggestions for additional information (now removed from yesterday's thread):

'Network Adapters' category (including current IP, MAC, gateway, DNS servers etc)

Drive volume enumeration (drive letter, file system, size/free/used)

Any RAID information under Hard Drives (if not there already - I haven't got access to my RAID PC at the mo.)

BIOS settings (in addition to existing info)

USB devices

It would also be nice to display the type of hard drive as being IDE or SATA as other similar programs do. Perhaps this feature is present; however, it appears that it is not.

I agree with all of you.

@ waw9667 in your network adapter section they should also add a few command prompt commands* like Ipconfig /release and Ipconfig /renew those commands should be fairly easy to add and are very useful i have already made myself batch files to do that for me.

off topic: it would also be nice if instead of being able to just view system setting you would be able to change some of them (bus speeds,clock speed, memory speeds,optical drive letters...etc ) because viewer is nice but giving it the ability to change settings would make it a sisinternals level administrative tool ...but i think that at best that kind of functionality is a long way off and i kind of doubt it is even going to happen at all.