Avast users, need your help!

slowday444

So this is working perfectly on the XP Desktop but on the Vista Home Premium SP1 a whoooole different story! It seemed to be alright last week, then today (perhaps after some Windows updates) it's nuts. Takes minutes to start browsing sessions and then it renders MSN and Yahoo in some strange kind of format (mostly text). I turned the Web Shield off and it rendered normally. There is no point in keeping it if the Web Shield is disabled! I did post this on their forum.

slowday444, I have Avast on Vista SP1. Never failed to fulfill expectations. No problems whatsoever. Think back - something you've installed/tweaked is interfering with it. I doubt Windows Update is the culprit, but try restoring and then updating only ONE update at a time.

Well, I bailed! could not figure it out! I swear it worked fine the first day, then I hadn't booted for a couple of days. I'm back with Security Essentials. Avast is still working great on the XP desktop with the exact same apps as the paptop has: Sandboxie, Online Armor and Mamutu!

• Moderators
I'm back with Security Essentials.

I just put MSE on my mothers laptop today since the renewal of Avast Home Edition never made it into her email box even after multiple tries over several days, so removed Avast completely.

All that just days after I renewed mine. :rolleyes: It was enough to make me try to install MSE on my PC again, and this time with a stroke of luck it finally installed after all those previous failed attempts. Needless to say I've made the switch to MSE permanent on my system as well by uninstalling Avast Home Edition from my system.