A fact

hazelnut

Corona ! you raised a question I hadn`t thought about ! I found this !

?The lungs are oversize to compensate for the volume of dead air in the long trachea. Without this extra air-pumping capacity a giraffe would breathe the same used air over and over? (Foster 409). ?The giraffe?s lungs are eight times the size of those of humans, and its respiratory rate is about one-third that of humans. Breathing more slowly is necessary in order to exchange the required large volume of air without causing windburn to the giraffe?s rippled 3.6 metres (12 feet) of trachea. When the animal takes in a fresh breath, the oxygen-depleted previous breath cannot be totally expelled. For the giraffe this problem is compounded by the long trachea that will retain more dead air than man can inhale in one breath. There must be enough lung volume to make this ?bad air? a small percentage of the total? (Hofland 12).

Fluff

Now that makes sense. Thanks Fluffy. So they have Gigantors' lungs and breathe much slower and deeper. I knew something was missing in Biology class when I was a kid. They never taught us about giraffes' respiratory system. Shame on them.

And yes, Monk is an excellent show. My favorite character is actually the Captain. When he's funny I can't stop laughing.

• Moderators
The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump.

They wouldn't need to, they just sound their trumpets and overrun anything then headbutt them when they're down to crush them. Actually I watched just that on some nature show where circus elephants escaped and went ballistic in some town killing anyone that got in their way.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs, because a cows' knees can't bend properly to walk back down.

Hmm, thanks Dennis, that explains why that poor cow fell down my staircase.

Monk is an excellent show. My favorite character is actually the Captain. When he's funny I can't stop laughing.

I like the Monk, the captain for sure and also Monk's shrink. A lot of laughs!

I saw Monks' captain in a 2 part TV movie called Moby D I C K (The censorship at this site is strong. It is a classical novel, people.) (with ST:TNG Captain Picard as the ships' captain.) He was incredible in it. His acting was intense.Actually, all the actors' acting was intense.

• Moderators

Interesting little facts about WHG III.

The real name of "the" Bill Gates is William Henry Gates III. Nowadays he is known as Bill Gates (III). By converting the letters of his current name to the ASCII-values and adding his (III), you get the following:

B 66

I 73

L 76

L 76

G 71

A 65

T 84

E 69

S 83

I 1

I 1

I 1

--------------

666 !!!

M S - D O S 6 . 3 1

77+83+45+68+79+83+32+54+46+50+49 = 666

W I N D O W S 9 5

87+73+78+68+79+87+83+57+53+1 = 666

Hang a crucifix on your monitor. :lol:

And I thought HAL the computer was just haunted. It may be possessed! :blink:

BTW, never exorcise with a priest, he'll work the devil out of you. 12.gif

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

It a fact that this will probably happen to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7lSliucgygc

:lol::lol::blink:

A FACT!:

You can't pinch the skin on your elbow hard enough to make it hurt. (Quit trying before you draw blood) :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.