A lot of issues....

MttFrog13

I did a system recovery, which formats the entire hd and then installs windows xp, and then i installed like the 18 programs i had on my computer before. Then i ran analyze and got like 120 issues. What do u do when u see something like this. I dont want to fix all of them cus then i might delete the wrong thing and cause more problems. Should i just do a back up and do them all?

i formated my hard disk a few days ago... as i always do it after a semester ends... and then i reinstall all the necessary programs back... CCleaner also found many issues with my registry hive... i just remove them... no backup... no worry at all... ;)

--==aGumon==--

Don't worry about that, it's completely normal. Installing Windows on a system is very "hard" on it. By that I don't mean that it is physically hard on it, but it creates many errors and puts all kinds of things everywhere and the drive is usually heavily fragmented.

Among other things, I'm a computer technician and every time I install a fresh copy of Windows on a system I spend a lot of time running registry cleaners, error fixers and defragging. Same goes when installing a service pack.

The best thing to do is like you suggested. Always make a backup first, and then fix the errors. It took me years to get into the habbit of making full registry backups, but I had to restore a backed up registry this morning in fact!

I would recommend using ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT. You can get it from here or direct download ERUNT v1.1i from here.

I would also recommend checking out the following utilities for helping to clean your system:

- OleClean v1.5 [Info] [Download]

- Microsoft RegClean 4.1a [Info] [Download]

- Macecraft jv16 PowerTools 2005 v.1.5.1.310 [Info] [Download]

(I only use jv16 PowerTools for it's Registry cleaning functions, they are second to none. It's file cleaning functions are pretty useless which is why CCleaning exists!)

Elistas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Before you start spreading crap about CCleaner please tell me one thing.

Do you use antivirus, antispyware, and have a firewall? Do you keep your pc defragged and maintained?

If the answer is no than you cant possibly blame CCleaner for your poor performance.

Before you start spreading crap about CCleaner please tell me one thing.

Do you use antivirus, antispyware, and have a firewall? Do you keep your pc defragged and maintained?

If the answer is no than you cant possibly blame CCleaner for your poor performance.

Ofcourse I do all that stuff, I use Norton Antivirus and firewall, Microsoft Antispyware, Spybot S&D, and I defrag my HD atleast once a week. I guess I'll still use CCleaner to clean crap, i just wont use the issue fixer.

No, I only trust CCleaner. Other products I have used dealing with the registry, have always fhked my PC up badly.

CCleaner IS THE BEST! it is the only registry programme that I have never had any problems with. I hope MrG doesn't try to make newer versions with all these new features etc. I just want a nice simply programme that works.

The first time I ever scanned for issues I got about 90 issues, I have recommended this software and scanned other peoples PC's, some people have had like 150 issues! Crazy!

I just counted mine, and i have 180 issues, but my internet is running very fast from looking at my speed tests i do on testmy.net but i can also notice that my startup is a lot slower.....does anybody have any advice on how to fix the issues, and what boxes i should uncheck or keep checked just to lightly scan and do a "safe" registry cleaning.

• Moderators

CCleaner is a safe registry cleaner.

You can always create a backup of the entries CCleaner finds for later restoration, you can also create a System Restore point if you're using WinXP or WinMe.

Edit: I meant to say: You can always let CCleaner create a backup of the entries it finds.

CCleaner is a safe registry cleaner.

You can always create a backup of the entries CCleaner finds for later restoration, you can also create a System Restore point if you're using WinXP or WinMe.

Edit: I meant to say: You can always let CCleaner create a backup of the entries it finds.

Yeah, its safe, but when i do a full system scan i do get problems even tho it is safe, so i want to know if there are certain boxes i can uncheck to see if i can only do a partial scan so as to not affect whatever is affecting my computer, what boxes should i uncheck?

:D As a novice registry cleaner user, I use the free "evaluation copy" of

Registry First Aid from www.rosecitysoftware.com . This "copy" will only

let "Safe" items it finds be deleted, and only a maximum of 11 entries

per scan, which can go quite quickly if you use the "Back" button after

each scan. When a scan starts, select "View by Safety Level" and you

will see how many "Safe" items it finds. I have used this product for

several months and have no subsequent problems after allowing it to

"clean" the "Safe" items, though I did select the "make a backup" option

during installation. I delete the "backups" no sooner than 10 days later .