Inpaint 2.0

Eli

Giveaway of the Day - Inpaint 2.0:

Delete any unwanted object from your photo, such as extra power-line, people, text? The program will automatically inpaint the selected area to erase it.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

That Software Informer is from Giveaway of the Day, it isn't from the software itself and doesn't need to be installed to use the daily free software title. Probably why their setup packer/wrapper is detected by some av's.

Eli

Thanks ! I had photo of my new kitten it was great but needed a little tweak to make it a better photo now its done i can get a print of her ! many thanks !

You are welcomed ;)BTW you got a very nice looking kitten.

Very neat:

jeremiahjohnson.th.jpg - jeremiahjohnson3.th.jpg

Watch the install carefully for options check boxes. There are a couple of extras if you don't take care.

Thanks Eli. :)

You are welcomed, my pleasure.

• Moderators
See comment 43 on this page (scroll down)

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/inpaint-2-0/

Yep, the reason for my words of caution, but it is easy to bypass.

The same comment mentioned the licence details being tedious to enter as you can't copy and paste. Ignore the pre-entered dashes in the box. You can paste the licence in with no problem.

shame on you guys, I have not spent years studying PS for applications like this to be used. :angry:

lol only joking, great find.

No fate but what we make

Eli

Thanks ! I had photo of my new kitten it was great but needed a little tweak to make it a better photo now its done i can get a print of her ! many thanks !

Is that your camera or a professional shot?

as that's lovely quality Fluffy :)

fireryone

Hi and thanks Fireryone

Its just my digital canon powershot G5 compact,50 asa no flash,F4,

it was more to do with having the light just right,my camera at hand and little "Millie" behaving herself,do`nt be taken in by that innocent look !

Thanks to Eli`s find for tweaking photo`s I could just take a little bit of "sleep" out of the kittens eye,which just makes the picture so much better..

..I was going to upload another photo to show you what i mean but the upload failed file was too larger than availiable space !sorry !!

Fluffy

I've got version 1 of this from when it was previously given away and it can give cracking results with a little tweaking. I've stuck with v1 though as it's better looking (doesn't have the huge icons stealing screen space) and more importantly has a freehand tool which IMO works far better than the polygonal selection tool they've replaced it with in v2

• 3 weeks later...

WOW !

I would really like that prog but Internet being Internet it always feels like playing Russian Roulette when installing a download.

I do a lot of art on the PC and that sounds like it could save me a lot of time as I have to do this changes manually in my various art packages.

.exe can lead to so many problems you must really question how much you need these things.

"Don't look at the light" "Hu?" Flash BZZzzzT

• Moderators
WOW !

I would really like that prog but Internet being Internet it always feels like playing Russian Roulette when installing a download.

I do a lot of art on the PC and that sounds like it could save me a lot of time as I have to do this changes manually in my various art packages.

.exe can lead to so many problems you must really question how much you need these things.

"Don't look at the light" "Hu?" Flash BZZzzzT

I can appreciate the care you take with downloading exe files to your PC, but to get the benefit of the amazing free software out there, it's something you just have to do.

Most security software will pick up anything suspect while downloading, and you can always download to a folder on another drive, or a flash drive and scan it again.

You can make this process as safe as it can be by using software like Returnil and Sandboxie. Links are in my signature, and there have been many many discussions on this forum about these two programs, and many members use them.

I always use Returnil to try new software, as everything installed completely disappears on reboot, including anything unpleasant.

To a downloadaholic like myself, and I could name some fellow members of that club on here, I may as well pack up my PC and go out and play if I ever gave up trying new software.

If you were interested in trying "virtual" software like this, stick with trying Returnil 2008, and not later versions. The 2008 version is the one in my signature link.

• Moderators
And I thought I was the only one sticking with the 08 version :P

You may have missed this JD, but I've got sound reasons for sticking with the 2008 version. Have a read in case you're tempted to upgrade to the 2010 version.

It's a long thread so I've linked to the relevant part.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...st&p=149523

You may have missed this JD, but I've got sound reasons for sticking with the 2008 version. Have a read in case you're tempted to upgrade to the 2010 version.

It's a long thread so I've linked to the relevant part.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...st&p=149523

Yeah think I did miss that. My reasons were almost solely based on not having any interest in the added bloat now in it and the 08 version is problem free for me (important for a software of this nature), though I did have a glance through their forum when my 08 version ran out and it just proved my decision right from what I read (and I now have the 08 installer backed up for when it runs out again next year :P ).

I can appreciate the care you take with downloading exe files to your PC, but to get the benefit of the amazing free software out there, it's something you just have to do.

I totally agree with you but must add the cautious tale of : Make sure the site is recognised to be safe. There are so many sites out there that are not 100% safe and can cause you more problems that just a PC Virus.

It is always better to be safe than sorry so check the validity of the sites and Programs you want.

• Moderators

That's an important point of course, but that's one of the benefits of a forum like this.

You can be pretty sure that any software recommended by regular members will come from legitimate sites which we've all used over a period of years. You soon get to know the sites which keep appearing regularly in threads.

The suggested program might be utter sh**e, but the source will be sound. :)

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your habits here, just pointing out one of the benefits of a place like Piriform.