RECURSE still not working

mike42

I'm afraid I have to revert my last post in http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24611. I started a new thread, since it is a new bug.

RECURSE now works as it should, but only for the first occurrence in each section.

[Test]

FileKey1=C:\test|name.ext|RECURSE

FileKey2=C:\test|name.txt|RECURSE

Here all files "name.ext" are found recursively, but "name.txt" does no recurse.

--------------------------

[Test]

FileKey1=C:\test|name.ext

FileKey2=C:\test|name.txt|RECURSE

This finds "name.ext" only in "C:\test" and "name.txt" in all subfolders. It seems, only one RECURSE per section is accepted now.

I believe this was not intended. Please, Bug fixers, can you take another look at that?

Thanks,

Mike

Please, can someone confirm this bug, or did I do something wrong?

Regards,

Mike

No your example is good. I see the same thing.

I figured the authors would test so I looked into the embedded winapp.ini for a real life trial and found

[sun Java]ID=2094LangSecRef=3022Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Plug-inDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%appdata%\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache|*.*|RECURSE

This works as you would think.

A couple of tries later I came to the conclusion that the 2 different paths before the file mask were the key.

So, going back to your 1st example I made this change to the "FileKey2" line.

[Test]FileKey1=C:\test|name.txt|RECURSEFileKey2=C:\test.\|name.ext|RECURSE

Both lines were processed.

If this is accurate the [CA Anti-Virus] section in the embedded winapp.ini should fail

to process some action keys as well. Here's a fragment.

[CA Anti-Virus]...FileKey4=%commonappdata%\CA\Consumer\AV|*.tmp|RECURSEFileKey5=%commonappdata%\CA\Consumer\AV|*.txt|RECURSEFileKey6=%commonappdata%\CA\Consumer\CCube|*.tmp|RECURSEFileKey7=%commonappdata%\CA\Consumer\CCube|*.txt|RECURSE...

Very interesting. But for sure, this is simply not working properly. So I really hope, the devs will take care of that. After all, their "built-in" stuff in winapp.ini is not working at the moment too.

BTW: Where do you get this winapp.ini from?

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of the bug fixers see my report? I'd really appreciate some confirmation, if devs could take a look at this issue. Currently most of my winapp2.ini entries simply don't work.

regards,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can tell, the feature works correctly now.

REMOVESELF only removes the folder, if the folder was empty after deleting the corresponding files. I suppose, that is the way it was intended.

Good job! ;)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I tried this winapp2.ini: code, but seems it does not work properly:

[Cache Files]
Section=Others
Default=True
Filekey1=c:\.|thumbs.db|RECURSE

[logs and errors]
Section=Others
Default=True
Filekey1=c:\.|mscreate.dir|RECURSE
FileKey2=c:\.|chklist.ms|RECURSE
FileKey3=c:\.|*.log?|RECURSE
FileKey4=c:\.|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=c:\.|*.chk|RECURSE
FileKey6=c:\.|*.err|RECURSE
FileKey7=c:\.|*.dmp|RECURSE

[backup files]
Section=Others
Default=True
FileKey1=c:\.|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey2=c:\.|*.prv|RECURSE
FileKey3=c:\.|*.bak|RECURSE

[VisualStudio temp files]
Section=Others
Default=True
FileKey1=c:\.|*.pdb|RECURSE
FileKey2=c:\.|*.nch|RECURSE
FileKey3=c:\.|*.pch|RECURSE
FileKey4=c:\.|*.ilk|RECURSE
FileKey5=c:\.|*.aps|RECURSE

[Temp files]
Section=Others
Default=True
FileKey1=c:\.|*.fts|RECURSE
FileKey2=c:\.|*.ftg|RECURSE
FileKey3=c:\.|*.sik|RECURSE
FileKey4=c:\.|*.$db|RECURSE
FileKey5=c:\.|*.db$|RECURSE
FileKey6=c:\.|*._dd|RECURSE
FileKey7=c:\.|*._mp|RECURSE
FileKey8=c:\.|*.~mp|RECURSE
FileKey9=c:\.|*.wbk|RECURSE
FileKey10=c:\.|*.$$$|RECURSE
FileKey11=c:\.|*.---|RECURSE
FileKey12=c:\.|*.___|RECURSE
FileKey13=c:\.|*.temp|RECURSE
FileKey14=c:\.|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey15=c:\.|*.gid|RECURSE
FileKey16=c:\.|~*.*|RECURSE
FileKey17=c:\.|*.diz|RECURSE

FileKey18=c:\.|*log.txt|RECURSE
FileKey19=c:\.|*.___|RECURSE
FileKey20=c:\.|*.temp|RECURSE
FileKey21=c:\.|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey22=c:\.|*.gid|RECURSE
FileKey23=c:\.|~*.*|RECURSE
FileKey24=c:\.|*.diz|RECURSE

FileKey25=c:\.|*.xyz|RECURSE
FileKey26=c:\.|*.zzz|RECURSE

For example, these files are detected:

c:\del.err

c:\f1\del.err

c:\Documents and Settings\del.err

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\Microsoft\WLSetup\Logs\2009-10-06_10-53_174c-vhcdc5k3.log

c:\f1\thumbs.db

But these are NOT detected:

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\.netbeans\6.0\var\cache\index\0.7\s23\errors\Manager.err

C:\Archivos de programa\SQLUniform\errorLog.log

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\vip\texture.jwes\thumbs.db

I can not predict which files will be skipped. What I did for finding the missing files was to use Wise Disk Cleaner, which basically cleans the files listed in the code. Maybe you want to try it while testing CCleaner with the mentioned rules, and see if you can find what is wrong. Thanks.

But these are NOT detected:

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\.netbeans\6.0\var\cache\index\0.7\s23\errors\Manager.err

C:\Archivos de programa\SQLUniform\errorLog.log

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\vip\texture.jwes\thumbs.db

I tried your 'not found' files with your winapp2.ini. There was no problem. Maybe you didn't have access rights to some of the folders (eg. the admin folder) or some folders were locked?

I tried your 'not found' files with your winapp2.ini. There was no problem. Maybe you didn't have access rights to some of the folders (eg. the admin folder) or some folders were locked?

No, really! I am running as admin. In fact the folder C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\ is full of thumbs.db files and none is detected! (and they are not hidden neither locked).

Moreover, I am running ccleaner portable from this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Mis documentos\Public\shared\ccsetup226

and there I placed del.bak, del.pdb, etc... and also they were not detected. However if I place them in c:\ or in c:\documents and settings\all users\ they are found. Maybe because they are not in "protected" folders, but the question is why it does not work if I am running it as administrator? (I logged in as admin and run it without protection)

It might be some sort of file locking...

I think so too. I can see no qualitative difference between the files found and those not found. You could try again and then (without changing anything else, eg. closing any apps or so) try whether you can delete thos files manually.

BTW: are those files just not deleted or are they not found at all?

I think so too. I can see no qualitative difference between the files found and those not found. You could try again and then (without changing anything else, eg. closing any apps or so) try whether you can delete thos files manually.

BTW: are those files just not deleted or are they not found at all?

No, really!

Let's focus in one target file: thumbs.db. In my computer I found these files with windows search:

C:\f1\ (one file)

C:\WINDOWS\Drivers\Intel Pro Wireless LAN Driver\ (one file)

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\(23 files in subfolders)

Zip Folders: 8 files

Total: 33 thumbs.db files

Running ccleaner I can find only c:\f1\thumbs.db

As somebody said before, it could be because the other files are inside %program files% and windows folders, but I wonder why they can not be found even running ccleaner with all privileges. Specifically, thumbs.db are files that windows creates but it is weird that only files in non-system folders are detected. Other files like *.pdb are created by visual studio, and if I run ccleaner after restarting my PC, it won't detect them. Even running it in safe mode.

Any idea on how I could debug it?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
No, really!

Let's focus in one target file: thumbs.db. In my computer I found these files with windows search:

C:\f1\ (one file)

C:\WINDOWS\Drivers\Intel Pro Wireless LAN Driver\ (one file)

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\(23 files in subfolders)

Zip Folders: 8 files

Total: 33 thumbs.db files

Running ccleaner I can find only c:\f1\thumbs.db

As somebody said before, it could be because the other files are inside %program files% and windows folders, but I wonder why they can not be found even running ccleaner with all privileges. Specifically, thumbs.db are files that windows creates but it is weird that only files in non-system folders are detected. Other files like *.pdb are created by visual studio, and if I run ccleaner after restarting my PC, it won't detect them. Even running it in safe mode.

Any idea on how I could debug it?

Thanks!

OK, as of version 2.27 it works properly. Thanks!