Best Media Player

greyowl2

• Moderators
Now for the CD Walkman I have from the early 90's, I forgot how to work the damn thing :lol: , and having no instruction manual anymore doesn't help matters.

If hazel's link is a little too technical, stick the round thing in the bigger round thing, stick the two little round things in yer ears, (they're tied together so you don't lose them) and you're good to go. :lol:

How could I resist an opening like that. :)

• Moderators

Thanks for that manuals site Hazelnut, I'll have to now find my old CD Walkman to see if they have the manual for it.

If hazel's link is a little too technical, stick the round thing in the bigger round thing, stick the two little round things in yer ears, (they're tied together so you don't lose them) and you're good to go. :lol:

How could I resist an opening like that. :)

I'm not that dense I know it uses these, although they have trouble fitting: :lol:

16L6n.png

Just joking, I have no issues inserting the audio CDs.

I think it has some lock feature if I'm remembering correctly which stops if from being turned on accidentally but that seems more intentional now. :lol: But how to unlock it I've long forgotten.

• Moderators

16L6n.png

/quote]

With the vinyl image I think we have the full gamut of the various storage media in the thread now.

I've got a small collection of vinyl albums left but haven't had anything to play them on for a few years now. I keep promising myself a seperates deck but never seem to get around to it.

• Moderators
I've got a small collection of vinyl albums left but haven't had anything to play them on for a few years now. I keep promising myself a seperates deck but never seem to get around to it.

I bought exactly one vinyl record which I got back in the mid-1980's only because I didn't have a CD player back then which upon the suggestion of the local record store owner stating they sounded better than cassettes. However with the feedback it produced when the volume was turned up just a tadbit too much I was completely turned off to ever using them again and instead continued using good ole cassettes for about five more years until I got my first CD player. They may have sounded good and all, but were completely inconvenient since they were never portable and had to be handled so carefully as to not damage them - actually that's not too much different nowadays with audio CDs either so as to not scratch them, etc.

That brings to mind that portable audio has been around for a very long time now, and isn't some invention of the last decade or so of current lossy media formats on portable digital media players - think good ole Sony Walkman with cassettes albeit they were limited by the tape length. I find it interesting that whole generations of young people may never play a cassette tape in their lifetime.

• Moderators
Isn't a full screen mode a full screen mode regardless of player, what does VLC's do that others don't? (or am I being dense and missing the point)

They are.

My mistake in explaining. What I use in VLC is the the fullscreen interface, can be used via:

F11 or "View->Fullscreen Interface"