Compact

DeltaLima

Using the very last version... I've done a complete defrag where I asked to move some large file at the end. This seems to work fine but why does it left small tidbits here and there in the middle instead of compacting everyting? I thought it would create one massive block at the begining and another smaller compact block at the end where all large file are and no files in-between (unles they are read only or something).

Am I missing something? I tried defrag freespace but it's not that either.

clipboard01tcn.png

Just found out that Auslogics Disk Defrag added this option which is called Consolidate in their latest 3.x version.

added a disk optimization mode which allows to consolidate free space by placing all files on the disk contiguously

When will Defraggler will do the same?

Just found out that Auslogics Disk Defrag added this option which is called Consolidate in their latest 3.x version.

When will Defraggler will do the same?

Well I've tried that exact function after using 'defrag freespace' in Defraggler, and Auslogics Disk Defrag did almost nothing.

Defrag freespace and consolidate are pretty much the same. They're both rubbish imo: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=25010.

I need this exact thing too, and I need it as soon as possible. I don't care which program does it, soon I won't need to defrag anymore :D

Ext4 pwns NTFS :P

So whether its open-source, closed-source, trial version, shareware, freeware. I don't care, as long as its free (including torrents). I need it only once, I'll keep on using Defraggler anyway if I really need it.