New & Easy Winapp2.ini entry creator software!

Ranhiru

Nick picky note, OpenFileDialog1 "Tut"

Good work if it works, shows some dedictation to people here :)

"Only part of the registry key is copied from the registry editor! It is actually a fault of the regedit! :( "

why not host the source and see if a work around can be made,

Of course, why not :)

Here is the complete source code for it :)

I have being busy with my degree so i couldn't touch it for a while... If people show interest, I can start working on it again

Maybe its not the most efficient code so one could optimize it :)

And also something to do is create a wizard like interface for it so a newbie for CCleaner can go step by step and create an entry for CCleaner winapp2...

http://www.4shared.com/file/Q3am5GAm/CCleaner_WinApp_Source_Code.html

I can't seem to extract either the source code or the program itself. I can open the archives in WinRAR and browse the files, however when I try and extract them it says the archive is corrupt..? Either way, this looks like a brilliant idea :D Keep up the good work!

I'm Shane.

I can't seem to extract either the source code or the program itself. I can open the archives in WinRAR and browse the files, however when I try and extract them it says the archive is corrupt..? Either way, this looks like a brilliant idea :D Keep up the good work!

Let me get the source, check and it and re upload it again :)

Errors or warnings?

Would you mind posting at least some of the errors... Maybe i didn't include a dependency etc :S

errors, also warnings are there for a reason. And should not be ignored just because an app can be compiled.

I'm no vb expert, lets get that clear from the start, but i have programed in vb since vb5. Im a carpenter, vb is purely a hobby for me.

I think the first approch is to turn strict on for a start on every form. That generates 20 errors of bad code right away. I am very busy at the moment with work, but tomorrow when i get time, i can move a really good few lines over to a pre written class i wrote, which hopefully will get you into writting classes rather then ramming it all into a form.

the form module1.vb is being rmeoved for a start. A form is not a module. And about can go. This can be added at the very last.

will have a good clean up tomorrow

No fate but what we make

errors, also warnings are there for a reason. And should not be ignored just because an app can be compiled.

I'm no vb expert, lets get that clear from the start, but i have programed in vb since vb5. Im a carpenter, vb is purely a hobby for me.

I think the first approch is to turn strict on for a start on every form. That generates 20 errors of bad code right away. I am very busy at the moment with work, but tomorrow when i get time, i can move a really good few lines over to a pre written class i wrote, which hopefully will get you into writting classes rather then ramming it all into a form.

the form module1.vb is being rmeoved for a start. A form is not a module. And about can go. This can be added at the very last.

will have a good clean up tomorrow

Awesome :)

I think we should make it kinda official :) Like make it available on github or codeplex...

Or probably sourceforge...

Any one can recommend me one?

I'm creating a wizard for that...in C#, however. And WPF for the UI, because it's awesome.

Great :)

Will you be able to integrate it with the current forms ? :)

Dont compare boolean's to true or false, they already are, below is "pseudocode"

If typeNewSection.Checked = True Then
           txtNewSection.Enabled = True
       Else
           txtNewSection.Enabled = False
       End If

your code reads

If (typeNewSection.Checked = True) = True Then

really it should be

txtNewSection.Enabled = typeNewSection.Checked

also another thing im doing is seting each control's Modifiers property to Private. Nothing else in the project but Main(was form1) has any business knowing what controls are on the form.

No fate but what we make