Windows Media Player 12

ePost

Do we have any beta testers in here? :unsure: If the beta version of Windows Media Player 12 can run on Vista and XP without compatibility issues there's still hope...

Edit: apparently one needs Windows 7 RC to even download the beta.

Edit 2: Don't try this at home but here's a work-around that can trick WMP 12 into running on a Vista OS. It's probably not worth the risk. Not just is it a work-around it also a beta we're talking about. So this is a read only: http://www.techmixer.com/download-windows-...r-12-for-vista/

I believe wmp12 is by default installed in 7. I read something to that effect. At least it was for me. I expected it to just have 11.

Will there ever be a WMP12 for xp and Vista or will they just update 11?

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

i'm having a hard enough time getting vista sp-2 premium to accept -11. any suggestions would be cool. thanks gsb. :(:(

Do we have any beta testers in here? :unsure: If the beta version of Windows Media Player 12 can run on Vista and XP without compatibility issues there's still hope...

Edit: apparently one needs Windows 7 RC to even download the beta.

Edit 2: Don't try this at home but here's a work-around that can trick WMP 12 into running on a Vista OS. It's probably not worth the risk. Not just is it a work-around it also a beta we're talking about. So this is a read only: http://www.techmixer.com/download-windows-...r-12-for-vista/

So, how many of you are going to $hell out when RC ends?

I'm about 90% sure I will, i've been using the RC exclusively and not sure if I can stand going back to xp. lol

They caught me in a trap (Didn't do the same with the Vista Beta I had previously, was quite happy to go back to XP).

though the predicted price in AU is very offputting >:( "Not Happy Jan" and they wonder why sooo many people pirate windows.

Pro: AU$449

Ultimate: AU$469

fireryone

version 11 and 12 isn't that much different. as the Link says, just a few features removed, added more Codec support, and some bugs fixed.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8