Another way to download winapp2.ini

kmillerusaf

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've posted here... I've been on the the Malwarebytes' forum helping over there for the last couple of months. Anyway, something has come to my attention from a couple of the members there. The winapp2.ini file can only be downloaded by registered members of the forum. Is this by design? Is there any way you can provide an off-site link for the file or an on-site link for the file that it is accessible to people who aren't registered? Thanks for your time and I hope all is well!

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Hi, Hazelnut

Are you one of the developers? And isn't it better to host winapp2.ini on the main website?

Estuans interius ira vehementi

Saevam iram, iram et dolorem

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I've posted here... I've been on the the Malwarebytes' forum helping over there for the last couple of months. Anyway, something has come to my attention from a couple of the members there. The winapp2.ini file can only be downloaded by registered members of the forum. Is this by design? Is there any way you can provide an off-site link for the file or an on-site link for the file that it is accessible to people who aren't registered? Thanks for your time and I hope all is well!

Keith

Well, you sure have made a lot of posts over there. <_<

Like Hazel I don't see a problem with having to register. They will also have the advantage of all the information available here.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

• Moderators
Hi, Hazelnut

Are you one of the developers? And isn't it better to host winapp2.ini on the main website?

No I'm not a dev, just a forum volunteer :)

Winapp2.ini file entries are created and tested by ccleaner users and are not supported by Piriform although they do give out info in the documentation on how to make and use them.

Please see here for more info

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

^ Yeah, that sticky topic alright. Anyway, having normal users to register just to get a copy of a free community contribution (is that the right term?) is kind of things that Microsoft would have done and by doing that just hindered the growth of its user base.

But anyway, suite yourselves. I'm cool.

Estuans interius ira vehementi

Saevam iram, iram et dolorem

^ Yeah, that sticky topic alright. Anyway, having normal users to register just to get a copy of a free community contribution (is that the right term?) is kind of things that Microsoft would have done and by doing that just hindered the growth of its user base.

But anyway, suite yourselves. I'm cool.

Wow, you must surely be Fleet Command's sister ... affinity for Sephiroth ... support for FC in your first post ... and the '^' must be a family trait :)

Wow, you must surely be Fleet Command's sister ... affinity for Sephiroth ... support for FC in your first post ... and the '^' must be a family trait :)

And they live in the same time zone. B)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.