Please Help! this is getting annoying!

Carl :)

I installed CCleaner and i use it after i surf the internet and stuff like that. but whenever i turn off my computer and turn it on again, whenever i launch CCleaner i get a message like this : "Windows is searching for CCleaner.exe to locate it yourself, click browse" i click browse but it doesn't seem to work.

please help me , this is getting kinda' annoying.

• Moderators

What operating system do you use?

Which version of ccleaner did you install (full, slim or portable)?

Did you already have a version of ccleaner installed?

Have you tried uninstalling it and doing a fresh download?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

question # 1. - Windows XP

#2. - the latest one (full slim portable?)

#3. - i just updated from my last one, i tried "downdating" but the problem still exists

#4. - plenty of times but still no luck :(

please help.

• Moderators

Hi Carl, and welcome to Piriform.

When you say browsing doesn't work, are you navigating to C:\Program Files\CCleaner, and selecting the CCleaner exe file?

If you do that, where is the CCleaner shortcut? Do you have one on your desktop which works for a while and then stops, giving you that message?

And do you have CCleaner configured to start when you start your computer?

Don't have an answer yet, just trying to get a full picture of exactly what's happening.

Thanks for welcoming :)

"When you say browsing doesn't work, are you navigating to C:\Program Files\CCleaner, and selecting the CCleaner exe file?"

yeah, but the error message pops up again.

"If you do that, where is the CCleaner shortcut? Do you have one on your desktop which works for a while and then stops, giving you that message?"

i have a shortcut in my desktop, it works for a while and when i start to open it again, it brings up that annoying error. :(

"And do you have CCleaner configured to start when you start your computer?"

No, I start it manually.

"Don't have an answer yet, just trying to get a full picture of exactly what's happening."

thanks for trying to help :) i appreciate it. just please try to find out what's goin' on.

• Moderators

If you right-click on the ccleaner desktop shortcut and chose properties, where does it say the target is?

Have you put the ccleaner.exe iside another folder in program files? Is it on a usb stick/memory stick as well?

Can you make sure ccleaner is uninstalled and no longer on your computer and then download the slim version (not portable) only from here and then see if it works now.

Download is at the bottom of this page

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi, Carl :)

There is also an important troubleshooting step to follow:

Uninstall CCleaner completely and install it in an alternative location, such C:\Program Files\Pirifom\CCleaner. See if the problem re-occurs.

I trust you know how to do that, right?

Estuans interius ira vehementi

Saevam iram, iram et dolorem

If you right-click on the ccleaner desktop shortcut and chose properties, where does it say the target is?

Have you put the ccleaner.exe iside another folder in program files? Is it on a usb stick/memory stick as well?

Can you make sure ccleaner is uninstalled and no longer on your computer and then download the slim version (not portable) only from here and then see if it works now.

Download is at the bottom of this page

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds

I'll try this :)

thanks for the help

i really appreciate it.

Hi, Carl :)

There is also an important troubleshooting step to follow:

Uninstall CCleaner completely and install it in an alternative location, such C:\Program Files\Pirifom\CCleaner. See if the problem re-occurs.

I trust you know how to do that, right?

please explain it to me..

i'm kind of a noob when it comes to these things

please explain it to me..

i'm kind of a noob when it comes to these things

It's not difficult. Uninstall CCleaner as suggested above. The go and get the new download. Now copy one of these with your mouse and let it sit there: C:\Program Files\Pirifom\CCleaner or c\program files\ccleaner.

Watch very carefully as the install promts on your screen change. One one of them CCleaner will suggest an install path. But the path you want is the one sitting in your mouse. So just delete the suggested path and paste the preferred path from your mouse into the promt. Finish the install.

And that's basically all there is to it.

It's not difficult. Uninstall CCleaner as suggested above. The go and get the new download. Now copy one of these with your mouse and let it sit there: C:\Program Files\Pirifom\CCleaner or c\program files\ccleaner.

Watch very carefully as the install promts on your screen change. One one of them CCleaner will suggest an install path. But the path you want is the one sitting in your mouse. So just delete the suggested path and paste the preferred path from your mouse into the promt. Finish the install.

And that's basically all there is to it.

i'll try this one :)

thanks for the tip :)

Try this: dowload CCleaner's setup to you desktop. Close your browser. Close all your anti-malware programs and you firewall. Then try again as suggested above. Remember to turn all AV back on.

By the way: malware can hinder installs. Have you scanned with a couple of anti-malware programs?

Try this: dowload CCleaner's setup to you desktop. Close your browser. Close all your anti-malware programs and you firewall. Then try again as suggested above. Remember to turn all AV back on.

By the way: malware can hinder installs. Have you scanned with a couple of anti-malware programs?

i'll try this. :)

You need to make a topic in the Spyware Hell forum, sounds like you have a rootkit

Try download the tools from another machine, rename them all to svchost.com and move them over to the infected machine. They should run then

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

~Scratch~

• Moderators

Did you try what Rorschach112 suggested?

Start a new thread here in Spyware Hell as soon as possible.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Give full details of what has happened so far, e.g what you have tried so far.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

start a new thread in spyware hell. I dont think they can elaborate any more on that.

State your problem again. Out lining every thing you have tryed to solve this current issue.

No fate but what we make