Video editing software

TeeJay3800

I need some help with some basic video editing I'm doing for a friend. Basically, she wants certain segments pulled out of a video, and then spliced back together so it plays smoothly through. I successfully used Avidemux to take out the proper segments, and each is now saved as it's own video file. I have not been able to find any software that will combine those segments into one media file so each segment will play simultaneously. Can anyone help me out here?

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

I need some help with some basic video editing I'm doing for a friend. Basically, she wants certain segments pulled out of a video, and then spliced back together so it plays smoothly through. I successfully used Avidemux to take out the proper segments, and each is now saved as it's own video file. I have not been able to find any software that will combine those segments into one media file so each segment will play simultaneously. Can anyone help me out here?

I used Avidemux but you could try VirtualDub.its FREE too ;)

Download LINK

It does have a bit of a learning curve, however it can do much.

Yeah it does. I usually don't have much trouble learning new software, but Avidemux has been an exception. I'm figuring it out though, and I'm getting the feeling I'm only beginning to scratch the surface of it's ability. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for video editing software.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators
Judging from its name I'd say it's an emulator

I just wish it could emulate some file extensions on outputted files which is my only wish for it versus manually inputting them. However I suppose that's because it isn't just a Windows only editor, and other systems could care less about file extensions.

I'm a fan of Windows Movie Maker and Photo Story 3. The number of how-tos is amazing. All you need to know has already been written by PapaJohn and can be found here: http://www.papajohn.org/

This forum will answer all your questions: http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/forums/

• Moderators
On some days, at least. The pizza competition is hard.

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I've used Windows Movie Maker like once or twice and that's about it. Avidemux I started using by chance one night (after I stupidly overlooked it for months on a video software download site), I've never uninstalled it because it was so good.

If you thought you had to pay a fortune for video editing software, you were wrong. There are actually many free video editing programs available. A lot of these programs are stripped down versions of professional video editing software. If you're a beginner working on simple video projects, that should be fine. Later on when you want to advance your editing, you can move up to a mid-range digital video software.

Jump Cut

An online entry, Jump Cut’s free video editing software allows you to cut video, and add audio, photos, effects and titles right on the web.

Virtual Dub

Virtual Dub offers simple editing capabilities. You can’t get too creative with the software, but you can use it to make simple, clean edits in your video footage. Virtual Dub works with PCs only.

#Wax

Wax is a bit dated—circa 2004—and the interface looks ancient, but the software comes with a very helpful guide and allows for a lot of creativity.

Zwei-Stein

This free editing software works with Macs, PCs and and Linux systems. It’s easy to download, with a colorful, sparse interface.

Jahshaka

“Powering the New Hollywood,” Jahshaka is a free, open source video editing software, that will give you powerful editing capabilities.

HyperEngine-AV

This is a popular free software for Macs. The “trackless” editing system makes it easy to combine video, audio and photos.