MS free av officially released

rridgely

Edit: Hi, noknojon. :D Welcome. Interesting about Avira.

Hazelnut, I did have no conflicts w/ Avast! and MSE running together, only did it that way to see what would happen. Maybe Avira watches things a little more closely that Avast!?

Then use the EULA Alyzer on it :)

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/eulalyzer.html (free for personal use)

:lol: Never have used it, might do so now. My built in EULA Alyzer overloaded and crashed...maybe thats what they intended.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

During the setup screen MSE states to remove other AV's, so that alone should be revealing enough that you shouldn't run it with another AV being installed and resident, or at the very least completely disabled the already installed AV so there's no conflicts.

Anyone running MSE with another AV needs to seriously decide upon which one they want to keep, and remove the other.

People running two resident AV's are lucky they can even boot their system properly without it locking up! ;)

You are quite right, Andavari, and I hope I have not created a problem for someone.

I just installed it that way to see what happened. I have gotten so lazy about uninstalling that if something won't install without a restart, I just about won't use it, 'cause I'm virtualized all the time. :P

Point was, MSE will install w/o a reboot, so you can try it out with "no commitment" if you Like.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

MSE's started to become a memory hog as of late. It was fine for the first few days but then it became a memory hog. I also can't update it anymore because MSE gives an error message. I've decided to go back to good old Avast. ;D

Icedrake, please excuse my ignorance, but what did that "upgrade" button do? I wouldn't use it cause it required a restart, but was curious. Did it install a new app, update the original one, what? Thanks.

What upgrade button? I don't see anything in MSE right now, but I could be missing it. ;)

Offtopic: I'm going to use the latest Avast5 beta as their newest version has very few bugs discovered so far, and I think all of their functions work.

After MSE installed and ran the quick scan, there was a white square in the middle of the GUI which said "Upgrade" (not update). I clicked it, some more downloading occurred, and a restart requirement was displayed. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of that. Not going to install anything right now which requires a restart, so I never knew what that download would have changed.

I just thought you might have remembered it from when you did your installation. Thanks either way.

To upgrade click the down arrow beside help then Upgrade MSE.

There is no confusion about running MSE alongside other AV programs. You just dont need them. It would be a unnecessary use of resources and could cause conflicts.

anim.gif