CCleaner Community Forums
Aldis

Understand how work reg.

Hi!

Please I need help. Can any one help me tell what I must do with reg. file? In my computer are some errors, and this cleaner made reg. file. What I must do copy some were or I need to run the reg. file? I`m new in this computer things, but I want understand it.

Double-click the REG file. When asked if you want to merge it into the Registry, select "Yes" (or something like that - I don't remember well)

The reg file is in case you need to put back some of the things that you deleted when doing a registry clean (issues)

If you need to put them back either right-click on the backup and select 'merge'. Or just double click it as Aethec said.

If you are new to computers, then you might like to know this: CCleaner manual states that not everything that CCleaner's registry cleaner finds is junk. So, perhaps it is a better idea to not to touch CCleaner's registry cleaner until you've read a book about registry.