IE Favorites and Alphebitizing

Leadfingers

• Moderators

There are two ways you could do that.

1: You could uncheck "Menu Order Cache" in the Windows\Advanced section. Assuming it is checked.

2: You can exclude the following registry key from being deleted by going to "CCleaner\Options\Exclude\Add Registry".

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favourites"

Hope that helps.

Leadfingers: As Dennis said but check the spelling ... depending on the system language setting, it may be Favorites (the US spelling without the "u").

Dennis: I'm curious. If your system language setting is English-UK, does it name the folder and registry key "Favourites"? In Canada, we get caught in the middle ... using English-Canada results in the folder and registry key being spelled "Favorites" but spell check uses "favourites".

I wish Exclude Registry would open a browser (similar to Folders and Files) so you could select rather than have to keyboard the entry.

Yea, it keeps the US spelling, imagine if they had to code windows to recognize different variants...

You think windows is bloated and bug ridden as it is, imagine a program not running because you installed a different version of English, and it was hard-coded to use US English.... lol

fireryone

• Moderators

Hazel, it's only me and you you and I who can spell properly on this forum. All these bastardizations of our precious native tongue are enough to make one despair.

They've even got into my computer. Reg key is as you say, in Eng (US). Another corrupted reg key. :)

Hazel, it's only me and you you and I who can spell properly on this forum. All these bastardizations of our precious native tongue are enough to make one despair.

They've even got into my computer. Reg key is as you say, in Eng (US). Another corrupted reg key. :)

Hey! We Canadians fight the good fight, and we're on the front lines ... besieged by American television and print media. And the beer, the godawful stuff they call beer ... a clear violation of the conventions against biological and chemical weapons. :lol:

• Moderators

Glen, I can hear American shirt sleeves being rolled up as I speak. :lol:

I think I'll apologise now to Leadfingers for us guys almost hijacking his topic, although it was in a good cause. :)

Hope the answer worked for you Leadfingers.