need help with graphics...wallpaper, icons, etc

chrysler3hundred

I am new at this...Anyway, I inadvertently uninstalled a program or something similar...And, now my wallpaper, icons and any other pictures that you see on websites such as news pictures, etc are a little out of focus and grainy...I do not believe it is my screen resolution setting because I checked it and it looks okay...Is there anyway to see what program I uninstalled? Does anyone have an idea as to what program I may have uninstalled? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I would try to restore to an earlier time when it worked. All programs>accessories>system tools>system restore. The dates you can use are in bold type.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

In that case, do this:To start Windows 2000 using the last known good configuration

Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.

Click Start, and then click Shut Down.

Click Restart, and then click OK.

When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.

Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.

Note

Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.

When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows 2000 restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

Thanks...I just tried that..it didn't work...same problem exists even with "last known good

configuration

still waiting for other suggestions...thanks

WOULD THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY GRAPHICS DRIVER?

WHAT IS A GRAPHICS DRIVER?

WHAT IS A VIDEO CARD DRIVER?

Thanks again for everyone'd help...I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks...I just tried that..it didn't work...same problem exists even with "last known good

configuration

still waiting for other suggestions...thanks

WOULD THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY GRAPHICS DRIVER?

WHAT IS A GRAPHICS DRIVER?

WHAT IS A VIDEO CARD DRIVER?

Thanks again for everyone'd help...I really appreciate it.

In the future get ConfigSafe software..You can take a snapshot of your system when everything is running OK.....and when problems occur you can restore the configuration to a previous snapshot..This has saved my 6 many x's...

For now , try going to the microsoft download page and downloading the lastest Service Pack...then install and reboot... B)