Showing uninstalled program

Sune

Hello. Recently I installed Opera 10 final to see if it was something for me. It sadly wasn't so I uninstalled it again with no problems at all.

Yesterday when I was running a clean I then laid notice to Ccleaner still having options for Opera under the Cleaner > Programs tab. I thought some files from the Opera installation might be lying around or that it only had removed the link for Opera in the windows programs list when I uninstalled, so I searched my computer for Opera files and checked Ccleaners list of installed program. Neither place was there something to find.

It's doesn't seem to do any harm on my computer, but still I thought I'd just post it here so you could investigate. I don't know if it's a registry-key or something else causing this, but I think it could confuse some users.

I'm running Windows 7 RC and latest Ccleaner version

Thank you.

Welcome to the CCleaner Forums.

For a fix for this issue I would uninstall and reinstall CCleaner and see if Opera is still listed. The program has an .INI you can save by checking the box in the settings to save your settings. I looked at mine and the Opera settings are NOT saved there but in an internal list of settings somewhere.

It is entirely possible that someone else here will be along soon to provide extra information. So if reinstalling clears the Opera listings or not please post back here.

Welcome to the CCleaner Forums.

For a fix for this issue I would uninstall and reinstall CCleaner and see if Opera is still listed. The program has an .INI you can save by checking the box in the settings to save your settings. I looked at mine and the Opera settings are NOT saved there but in an internal list of settings somewhere.

It is entirely possible that someone else here will be along soon to provide extra information. So if reinstalling clears the Opera listings or not please post back here.

Thank you for the information.

I reinstalled the program as you suggested, but sadly the Opera options are still there, so this doesn't seem to solve the problem.

• Moderators

There may be an Opera key left in the Windows registry located in one or both of these areas:

? HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera

? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera

There may be Opera user files left over in Application Data:

In Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows Profile Name\Application Data

If all else fails there's an easy way to fully get rid of Opera (especially if you're not wanting to manually edit the Windows registry):

1. Download and install Opera again.

2. Download and install Revo Uninstaller (freeware), then use it to completely uninstall Opera.

There may be an Opera key left in the Windows registry located in one or both of these areas:

? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera

There may be Opera user files left over in Application Data:

In Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows Profile Name\Application Data

If all else fails there's an easy way to fully get rid of Opera (especially if you're not wanting to manually edit the Windows registry):

1. Download and install Opera again.

2. Download and install Revo Uninstaller (freeware), then use it to completely uninstall Opera.

Thank you Andavari, but sadly that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

As you said there both was application data left for the program, and one registry key under

I edited the key and removed it, and did the same to the application data in %appdata%/Opera

Still, after restarting my computer the options are still there.

I think I'll just let it be, it's not that it really bothers me, it just think it's strange. Too it seems people here in the forums are having problems with Ccleaner and the new Opera 10 release, so properly when they get those bugs fixed, this will be too.

And else I'll try revouninstaller!

Thank you for the help.

Regards, Sune