Ad-Watch not working on Ad-Aware AE

spelbynder

Running Windows 7... Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition 8.0.7... previously had no problems with this program on this OS... now Ad-Watch Live refuses to initialize itself... keep getting message to "restart computer to finalize installation of Ad-Watch Live"... restart doesn't help, and no documentation on the Lavasoft website... I come here hoping some very smart person will able to help me with this :)

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

why replace ad-aware with malwarebytes? keep both no harm in that

There is no harm in keeping your old car once you have brought a new one. But it takes up space & chances are you wont be using it,

No fate but what we make

well if thats how you feel but ad-awares scanner is very good imo and it only takes about 30 secs to do a quick scann its also extremely light on resources with real-time or not. So thats my opinion on it

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

No real helpful responses there... :unsure:

But it takes up space

I have a 500gb harddrive that's around 95% free, so no biggie there :lol:

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I had the opposite problem. I couldn't get it to stop running - and eating up all the CPU. Once upon a time it was a clean little, well-behaved app but that was before the birth of the monster, Anniversary Edition. I had to get rid of it and that wasn't easy either. It will never darken my hard drive again.

Malware Bytes, on the other hand, is sweet on the system.

Ad-Aware came crap at the end of 2005. use Malwarebytes'

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8