Installer inprovement

Redbird

It would be nice to let the installer remember the options supplied on the 'Install options' page.

Now I have to provide these options every time there's new version. This is quit annoying...

- If you don't want the 'tool bar' options remembered (I can understand this), you might move that option to an extra installer page.

I don't understand why the other options are not remembered. This is default functionality for (almost) all installers

Regard,

R

Welcome to Piriform Redbird.

It would be nice to let the installer remember the options supplied on the 'Install options' page.

Now I have to provide these options every time there's new version. This is quit annoying...

- If you don't want the 'tool bar' options remembered (I can understand this), you might move that option to an extra installer page.

I don't understand why the other options are not remembered. This is default functionality for (almost) all installers

Well that might be alright for you to have CC remember the last install settings but if a user decides to change their mind over what is installed they won't be about to will they? If someone doesn't bother with the Yahoo toolbar then they decide to have this option it won't show on the next install will it? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Regard,

R

Exacly as Keithuk said, what happens if a user decides to change /his/her mind????

Also there is no such thing as a default installer. Ther eis no set guidelines for coders to abide by when they are creating installers.

No fate but what we make

• 5 months later...

another thread with no real answer for not letting installer update the software and remember current settings during install. but this one is partially helpful but still kinda ignored judging by the date of last post.