Weird stuff within Windows Live Hotmail.

papercrane

Hi there. thanks for welcoming me to your forum!

Today i have noticed that in my windows live hotmail account it has started doing some strange things. I am not sure if these are new features or not but it is troubling me?!

First strange thing i noticed was that it is now automatically saving a draft every so often while i type a message. But when i hit send the draft is then gone and there is nothing i the drafts folder? I haven't seen an option to enable that or disable that feature.

Secondly, for some reason now it is bringing up addresses in the the 'To:' Field as i type. I know that it does this with people in my contacts list, but these aren't contacts that i have in my contacts list? Just addresses that i have emailed at random, like info@whatever? When i click the "To:' button there is a new tab next to favorites called "Recently Emailed" with said addresses in it?

Is there a way to stop it from doing that. I mean I'm sure its handy. Which I'm fine with, but I'm curious as to how these changes got made to my hotmail as i did not authorize or make any setup changes?

has anyone else noticed this? :(

Well its Microsoft's app so they probably don't need your permission to modify the way it works.

I haven't used the web interface for a few months so haven't noticed it, I use the stand alone program for my @msn.com email address "windows live mail"

Try looking through the preferences.

fireryone

They're always changing it. I remember many of their changes in the past have caused Firefox to trip up on the site. I don't use that spam infested email service anymore.

Well i switched to a thing called Hushmail a few weeks ago. But it only has a 2mb inbox limit haha. like old hotmail. What do you use now?

• Moderators
What do you use now?

I've used Opera Mail for years now. The only "spam" I've gotten using Opera Mail is from software companies not knowing that cancel subscription means don't email me anymore. Although with a free account it only allows for 3MB attachments, which isn't of any issue with free file hosting services available like MediaFire, RapidShare, etc.

The only thing Hotmail has going for it is it's free with a very large capacity for attachments, that's about it though.

• Moderators

I use GMail and Yahoo, and I would recommend either.

In fact Yahoo, in my case at least, seem to have completely gotten on top of the spam issue which was a veritable plague a few months ago.

I can't remember the last spam mail I got with Yahoo.

First strange thing i noticed was that it is now automatically saving a draft every so often while i type a message. But when i hit send the draft is then gone and there is nothing i the drafts folder?

Thunderbird email client does the same thing. I actually like this feature in case you suddenly have an outage - which I guess happens occasionally when typing emails during bad storms...what else is there to do during storms :)

For online email service I use Yahoo and find it very good. Like Dennis said, I can't remember the last time I had spam.

• 1 month later...
Hi there. thanks for welcoming me to your forum!

Today i have noticed that in my windows live hotmail account it has started doing some strange things. I am not sure if these are new features or not but it is troubling me?!

<_< Papercrane I got no response to my dilemma of having deleted all of my windows live mail accounts. I thought I did a basic Ccleaner clean. I can not imagine what I did that deleted all of the accounts. I can go thru the process of creating them and re-entering the information and because it is web based - most of all of the stuff in those accts will still be there ... BUT it is a hassle.

I am a MSN Mail subscriber but I prefer Windows Live Mail. I read what all of the replies said to your question ... that they used other programs .. well I use some of those other programs too but I was able to reference them in Live Mail and it was great. Those are the accounts I will have to re-enter. I established back my main account.

Oh forgive me ... do you know of anything that would have been cleaned in Ccleaner that would have erased all of that account information?

I wish I had gotten a response here. :unsure: I got your post by doing the only thing possible which is to search "live mail". Thank you if you have any tips.

:rolleyes:

Brianeclus I use WLM and use CC frequently, even used all the advanced options, and never had an issue with CC deleting the account info.

Have you customized CC? added folders to clean? or use any other cleaners?

Do you have the same problem with the latest version?

fireryone