CCleaner and Win98

AliceZ

I am now unable to download new update to my CCleaner on my notebook which has Win98 and IE6.

The download gets 3/4 through and then it states connection with CCleaner was disconnected. (Have always been able to do the downloads in the past.)

This has been going on for quite some time and I have been copying the new CC updates from my WinXP computer (disk) and copying them to the Win98 notebook (pain in the neck). But I am not near my WinXP computer at this time.

How can I download the updates to my Win98 notebook?

Thank you

Alice

(Anyone else having same problem?)

I am now unable to download new update to my CCleaner on my notebook which has Win98 and IE6.

The download gets 3/4 through and then it states connection with CCleaner was disconnected. (Have always been able to do the downloads in the past.)

This has been going on for quite some time and I have been copying the new CC updates from my WinXP computer (disk) and copying them to the Win98 notebook (pain in the neck). But I am not near my WinXP computer at this time.

How can I download the updates to my Win98 notebook?

Thank you

Alice

(Anyone else having same problem?)

Hi Alice.

Well I've never had any problems installing CC onto Win98. Are you downloading the file straight to Win98 or are you installing from a flash drive?

Where are you downloaded CC from? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi Alice.

Well I've never had any problems installing CC onto Win98. Are you downloading the file straight to Win98 or are you installing from a flash drive?

Where are you downloaded CC from? ;)

Thank you.

I open CCleaner and then I click at lower right where it says "Check for Updates." Then I choose to download the Slim build. The download begins and then gets 75% - 90% of the way though, and then I get pop-up message:

"Internet Explorer cannot download ccsetup223_slim.exe from www.ccleaner.com. The connection with the server was reset."

I've also tried the Install rather than the Save, but with same results.

(Read somewhere on Internet that someone else was having similar problem, but don't remember where I read it.)

I open CCleaner and then I click at lower right where it says "Check for Updates." Then I choose to download the Slim build. The download begins and then gets 75% - 90% of the way though, and then I get pop-up message:

"Internet Explorer cannot download ccsetup223_slim.exe from www.ccleaner.com. The connection with the server was reset."

Why do you need the slim version anyway. Is this the same when you download anything or just CC?

Personally I would use FileHippo and download the file to your drive. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I wouldn't have thought it was a browser problem Andavari as I've always used IE and I've never have a problem downloading any file. I would think it sounds like a connection problem myself. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I wouldn't have thought it was a browser problem Andavari as I've always used IE and I've never have a problem downloading any file. I would think it sounds like a connection problem myself. ;)

IE has had problems on the site though from my knowledge. :P

IE has had problems on the site though from my knowledge. :P

Well I use IE6 at work and IE7 at home and nothing like that as ever happened to me on either my Win98SE, WinME and WinXp systems. Perhaps I've always been lucky? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best