Out-Dated Opera Icon

Daniel H.

• Moderators
On my Windows 2000 computer, there are none. See here

Possibly something that's OS dependent, but I don't know why it would be, then again there are some features that don't work in XP for instance which require Vista. Unless someone else using Win2k can confirm they also don't have any icons displayed in CC I don't know what else to tell you.

Yeah, I dunno either. I'm fairly sure it would happen on all Win2k machines, but I can't be certain. I was hoping the developers simply weren't aware of the issue and that they could fix it easily, but I guess not. Oh well, no biggie.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• 2 months later...
Workaround: Put the ccleaner exe inside a password protected zip file. That way only you can run it.

I can't do that. Why?

1. That way I can't make CC run automatically at windows start neither program the PC to run CC automatically at a determined time (via Windows Control Panel). :/

2. My parents (son, or employees) would ask for CC, I just can't be the only one that can run it.

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

I can't do that. Why?

1. That way I can't make CC run automatically at windows start neither program the PC to run CC automatically at a determined time (via Windows Control Panel). :/

Your previous suggestion was for it to be password protected - you can't have it both ways.

I can't do that. Why?

2. My parents (son, or employees) would ask for CC, I just can't be the only one that can run it.

Err - you can give the password to whoever does need to run it.

Your requirements in this post seem to have changed somewhat from your original ones!!

No, I think he wants anyone to be able to run ccleaner with his chosen settings (ie. IE cleaning disabled) but not have access to changing the settings.

Adding ccleaner to zip file will mean yes his settings are safe but no one else can run the cleans he has approved.

fireryone

Your previous suggestion was for it to be password protected - you can't have it both ways.

Err - you can give the password to whoever does need to run it.

Your requirements in this post seem to have changed somewhat from your original ones!!

You've not understood, my suggestion is to have a password to block users from changing the setting, not to block them of using the software to clean some pre-determined data. :P

PS: I still wanting that Opera icon be updated at www.ccleaner.com

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

• 2 weeks later...