10GB of info delete of IMPORTANT files

NeoSpawn

Holy crap almighty. I had it search a custom the C:Document and Settings folder. Now I did this 2 times before with no problems at all.....all of a suddend i run it, and my desktop, files, important documents are all good. This was 10GB of important data that had to be recovered!!

So luckly now i am using "Recover My Files" and its getting hopefully everything back. I have no idea what caused this at all. I just want to let you all know of this horrible bug. Let me just express my feelings in a not so vulgar manner....I will never, ever, ever use this program again. There were very important documents that Im just glad that I just know of a way of recovering

Thank you to all those have read and respond.

NeoSpawn

• Moderators
I was told that it would just scan the folder and search for temp files. I had that set it to scan that before and nothing happened.

PS: Using "Restoration" to get files now

I think that their is a pretty good chance that you accidentally clicked on run cleaner instead of annalyze.

On a better note at least you have a way of recovering your files. I hope everything works out for you.

When you clean custom folders the guide clearly states that all files in the folder will be deleted. I almost made the mistake, but the guide warned me. It is (almost) idiot proof. It is one thing to make a mistake, but altogether another to try to reassign blame.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

Anytime you apply custom settings in any program, you'd better be absolutely sure you know what you're doing. Rely on the documentation, not on what somebody told you.

It wouldn't hurt, though, if the Beginner's Guide were a little more emphatic about explaining that cleaning custom folders means cleaning out everything in them.