Cannot remove CCleaner from Startup List

rtbroz

v2.23.993 on Vista...problem occurs after recent upgrade to v2.23.993

Using CCleaner to remove unwanted programs in Startup:

CCleaner.exe appears and Key = Startup User.

Right-click and delete does not remove program.

Solved:

Had to reboot and then return to Startup to delete from list.

hi

I downloaded latest version and cleaned my files.

And I deleted "uninstall" from startup. But can't delete "ccleaner.exe" because of the path is invalid.

"ccleaner.exe" is not in auto-start list in everest ultimate edition nor msconfig.

Then I turned off my computer. Few minutes later I turned on my pc but windows 'boot green bar' continues forever... then I turned off and on again. My vista ultimate sp1 successfully booted but CCleaner shortcuts in start menu and files in 'Program Files' deleted. Windows maybe deleted these.

Please remove these "ccleaner.exe" and "uninstall.exe" from startup in the ccleaner main app.

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue as well - it started this week actually. I'm running 1010 on Windows 7 x64

I remember this happened on a work computer a year ago, running XP SP2 and an early version of 2.1-ish ...

if I remove them from startup, ccleaner will not start anymore (as if it were uninstalled...)

I have the exact same issue as well - it started this week actually. I'm running 1010 on Windows 7 x64

I remember this happened on a work computer a year ago, running XP SP2 and an early version of 2.1-ish ...

if I remove them from startup, ccleaner will not start anymore (as if it were uninstalled...)

I am having this problem too.

Is itthe latest version at fault?

OK, a question, where are you seeing "ccleaner.exe" and "uninstall" in the startup list?

A screenshot would be handy for the devs to better under stand your issue,

and type the complete directory from in the "File" heading in ccleaner.

"Uninstall" shouldn't be in Start / All Programs / Startup , as what program would want to uninstall itself every restart of the PC..

And if ccleaner "stops working" after you notice this you may want to make a post in the spyware hell section of the forum, as there are known programs that disable ccleaner and other security apps.

fireryone

Hello here is a screenshot

ccleaner.th.jpg

I'm currently using windows 7 x64 and i have noticed that this happens randomly. Soon after i have installed ccleaner the startup list in ccleaner didn't show this 2 items, today they are present

I would like to say that i have never had this problem before and it has happened with latest version and if i use msconfig or another program to check startup programs they don't show ccleaner.exe and uninstall.exe