Winamp 5.1 Surround Edition released

Andavari

• Moderators

Winamp 5.1 Surround Edition has been released.

Download

-----

Changes:

Winamp 5.1 Surround Edition:	* New: CodingTechnologies AACPlus encoder! ? Awesome at low bitrates too!* New: Grand Prize Winner of the Internet Surround Music Project!? KAJE - Hey Buddy (featuring Afrika Bambaataa)* New: SHOUTcast Wire - A Media RSS Browser and Subscription Service* New: Predixis Smart Playlist Generator  ?(Mix your tracks based on what they sound like!)* New: AOL Radio featuring (((XM))) Free Sampler!* New: CD Ripping now available at 8x in free version!* New: Microsoft WMA encoder* New: Over 200 new Milkdrop presets!* Update: in_vorbis now returns bitrate in getextendedfileinfo* Fixed: WMA stuttery playback* Fixed: out_ds copy button on status tab now works all the time* Fixed: Much improved ripping and playback with Sonic engine* Fixed: Video window now resizable regardless of Sidecar* Fixed: Length of long mp3's now reported properly * Fixed: Silent install switch now works properly* Fixed: Simultaneous CD Playback and Ripping

I believe AAC is a type of MP4.

it is. Nero Digital considers mp4 to be the "Nero Digital Audio Format"

as for winamp ima just get some other media player that uses codecs instead of their own libraries to play media. i have my reasons for this ;)

I still use Winamp 2.81 from 2002.

Winamp used to be a great product when developed by Nullsoft.

But ever since AOL bought bought Nullsoft, Winamp have started to suck.

Now in the crew who develops Winamp, there is no member from the orginal Nullsoft crew.

Justin "1014" Frankel, the genious who was the main guy behind Winamp resigned from AOL because he disliked the company and is now working on other projects.

Justin's homepage is www.1014.org and his new company is www.cockos.com

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png