Spam-Hell avoided by MAILWASHER FREE?

Atnes

Hello to All,

The ubi-present spam is driving me CRAZY!!! :blink:

Hundreds of messages, all offering / giving me billions of US dollars, Euros, UK POunds etc; crazy notifications of lottery winnings, invitations to accept and verify inheritance goods etc., etc, offerings of dubious joint-ventures and businesses, money-transfer-manipulations, and the list doesn't end here, not even remotely...The catch is that all these "senders" change their sender addresses almost every minute, so that it is sheer impossible even to block them on my Outlook Express...

What can I do? I'm looking for an effective software that would help me keep my inbox clean...but there are too many products dealing on offer... Has anyone of you any experiences with, say, MAILWASHER FREE?

Any suggestions, pleeeeeeease! Thank you very much in advance,

Atnes, The crazy-driven Spam Victim

i had the exact issue.

my 2 cents says if you HAVE to have outlook express, use mailwasher. it does work once it has been properly trained. it is a great program from a great company.

you might consider trying mozilla thunderbird as an alternative to oe.

better yet, just consider using a gmail account. that's what i ended up doing (after all the above). it works great for me.

with gmail's internal filtering, i maybe get 1 or 2 spams every week or so. what i especially like is that being an online account, i don't have to risk my computer by downloading any of the email. i just store it at gmail.

i had the exact issue.

my 2 cents says if you HAVE to have outlook express, use mailwasher. it does work once it has been properly trained. it is a great program from a great company.

better yet, just consider using a gmail account. that's what i ended up doing (after all the above). it works great for me.

with gmail's internal filtering, i maybe get 1 or 2 spams every week or so. what i especially like is that being an online account, i don't have to risk my computer by downloading any of the email. i just store it at gmail.

Thank you very much! I'll follow your instructions! :rolleyes:

Best, Atnes

i had the exact issue.

Thank you very much! I'll follow your instructions! :rolleyes:

Best, Atnes

I've used MailWasher Pro for several years -- wouldn't be without it!

I get tons of e-mail -- much of it legitimate -- but this helps me sort through the pile very quickly. It does have a "training" component to it, so you need to give it a little time to learn what's good and what's not. Like everything, it's not 100% accurate, but it's amazing how well it does.

I've used MailWasher Pro for several years -- wouldn't be without it!

I get tons of e-mail -- much of it legitimate -- but this helps me sort through the pile very quickly. It does have a "training" component to it, so you need to give it a little time to learn what's good and what's not. Like everything, it's not 100% accurate, but it's amazing how well it does.

Thank you, Tom AZ. Ihave downloaded it - the free version - but it does not allow you to preview the messages...? Only if I decide to buy the Pro vesrion. Did you have to buy the Pro version, too? Other wise I don't see the point in using the MailWasher - if one cannot SEE the messages that should or should not be removed...

Best, Atnes

Yes, I did buy the Pro version. Because of the amount of e-mail I receive on a daily basis, it was worth the investment to me.

Regarding "previewing" the e-mail, I do that only occasionally anymore -- only if I'm absolutely not sure. MailWasher color codes the incoming mail, but I'm to a point where I can usually confirm the type of e-mail (spam or legit) just by quickly looking at the Subject line and/or the e-mail address of the sender. This approach is not fool-proof either, but it works for me. Like anything else, MailWasher is just a tool -- and I'm sure everyone comes up with a way of using the "tool" a little differently.

Yes, I did buy the Pro version. Because of the amount of e-mail I receive on a daily basis, it was worth the investment to me.

Regarding "previewing" the e-mail, I do that only occasionally anymore -- only if I'm absolutely not sure. MailWasher color codes the incoming mail, but I'm to a point where I can usually confirm the type of e-mail (spam or legit) just by quickly looking at the Subject line and/or the e-mail address of the sender. This approach is not fool-proof either, but it works for me. Like anything else, MailWasher is just a tool -- and I'm sure everyone comes up with a way of using the "tool" a little differently.

Thanks again, TOM AZ! I'm going to get myself the Pro-version, too, as I too receive a considerable amount of e-mails daily :-)

Regards, Atnes