avast! 5.0.70 Beta

ishan_rulz

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. Beta is hardly what I want as my AV protection at any given time. Beta test a game, fine. Beta test an AV? I pass.

Corona, I agree with you 100%.

I also look at it this way...avast users have been quite satisfied with the latest released version (4.8) so why be in such a rush to update to a version which is still in beta. Be patient and update to avast 5 when it is officially released. It would certainly be different if 4.8 was not good - in that case I understand the urgency to try and improve it by updating ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets not get to complacent on AV. The way some people make out is if you did not have AV you would be constantly infected.

I dont even use one. I'm perfectly happy to test a beta. It's how software is developed.

No fate but what we make

• 2 weeks later...
The last thing I'd be testing is an anti-virus beta, that has the potential to go so very very wrong.

Hence why i always test in virtualbox. Only way bugs are discovered.

No fate but what we make

Yep, Avast 5 is scheduled to come out in a few more days. I have the latest beta version of it right now, and it's running even better than Avast 4.8. No FPs, no issues, no slowdowns, no nothing.

Likely to be released around mid to late November, but not before it's ready.

Yep, Avast 5 is scheduled to come out in a few more days. I have the latest beta version of it right now, and it's running even better than Avast 4.8. No FPs, no issues, no slowdowns, no nothing.

still got the installer?

No fate but what we make

No I don't but go to the Avast forum's beta section to download it. ;)

It's being released in November? One of the first Avast blog posts about the beta said it was getting released during Oct. 22ish. Ah well, I'll wait another month. :D