Window size / location cache

teacher

Today i checked the box window size / location cache in ccleaner. when the program was done, my quick launch bar was empty and I was missing some entries in the start menu. I managed to recover these items. Are these two things the only things ccleaner deletes when the abovementioned box is ticked?

Thanks!

Teacher

When I read these explanations, I can't understand why CCleaner deleted my quick launch items as well as some items in Menu Start.... :blink:
CCleaner shouldn't have affected those. What items in the Start Menu ... pinned items? ... MRU (most recently used) programs list? ... other?

What operating system and which version of CCleaner are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

I ran Ccleaner with the window size/location cache checked also. And after that my Quick Launch tray would shrink and my icons would rearange at every restart.

I don't know if this is just a vista64 issue or not

I finally found something about it, The problem being in the NoSaveSettings in the registery. the Dword should be set to 0,

I thought it would just be a onetime cleanning setting everything back to windows default and then once things were placed and sized again windows would retain it, NOT.................Maybe this is a bug but in any case it needs to be made clear in the docs.

and the link to the instructions to fix! >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.allogro.com/main/2008/01/29/50/

worked for me!

Good luck!

Restore point before change registry