Windows 7 - Clean all Users

99bobster99

Hello,

I used to be able to add all my comuters user's "temp" directories, under the "Include" section of Setup. It works fine on my XP Pro system, but it will not function under my Windows 7 system. I tried everything, even when I run it under "Administrator" it will not clean any other user, except for the user you are logged in under. I'm sure this has to do with the advanced security that Windows 7 incorporates, but is there a way to get this to work?

Also, I am finding that when I use the "/AUTO /Shutdown" feature of CCleaner, it does not work for any user?? Is this Windows 7 security at work again? Please help, I am getting so much crap building up on my computer, since it is a hassle having to log into everyones account and ccleaning it for them.

I am running the current version of CCleaner (v2.22.968).

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your reply Aethec, but that doesn't seem to work on my system? Anyway, I'd rather find a way to make it work like it does under XP, if possible? It was so nice, I had 1 script that called ccleaner and it cleaned everyones account ... please tell me we can still do this some way or another?

Have you tried changing the folder permissions for each temp folder for all the user accounts? Right click, Properties, Security tab. Add your user account and give full permissions. You may need to log on as each user to modify the permissions folder etc. But at least you would only have to do it once.

I have a ton of users on this system, do I need to do it to each and every folder? I could do it to the upper most folder (the user itself) couldn't I

I cannot get the "Shutdown" scripts to run on Windows 7, this is where I call ccleaner. Is this associated with the security as well?

I supose you could do it to the top level folder. I believe the subfolders are inheriting permissions. For the shutdown issue, you could use a script. Im sure later on CC will support the shutdown switch for W7.

In WinApp2.ini you can add an entry like this...

[Clean & Shutdown]LangSecRef=Clean & ShutdownDetectFile=ccleaner.exeDefault=FalseScriptKey1=Scripts\Clean.vbs

Then create Clean.vbs in the CCleaner folder with the code to shutdown.

DIM WshSet Wsh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")Dim Connection, WQL, SystemClass, SystemSet Connection = GetObject("winmgmts:root\cimv2")WQL = "Select Name From Win32_OperatingSystem"Set SystemClass = Connection.ExecQuery(WQL)'Wait 5 seconds to make sure CC is done cleaningWScript.Sleep 5000For Each System In SystemClassSystem.Win32ShutDown (1)Next

Seems like alot of work for something so simple huh? Especialy since the script/shutdown is separate from the folder permission issue.