advanced member

helema25

• Moderators

Hi helema, and welcome to Piriform.

I dunno where you got that info from, but becoming an advanced member is the result of making a certain number of posts on the forum, and has nothing to do with donating.

I hope your donation wasn't compulsory, although it is appreciated, as you can use the forum and all Piriform software whether you donate or not.

CCleaner is free to use for anyone, and you don't have to be a member to use it. Anyone can download it, and use it's full features.

I don't recognize the name of the program you mention, shaiyah. Do you have the spelling correct, and could it be a P2P program by any chance?

EDIT: You just pipped me Disk.

Sounds like your describing two different things. By 'shaiyah' are you reffereing to the game? You are tryign to uninstall or remove it? By advanced member do you mean administrator on your computer?

it says advanced member only on the folder removal sections im trying to remove shaiyah from my pc it wont let me remove it! i was told this program would remove it but when i selected the folders to remove it said advanced members only! and i am the only user to this pc i am the administrator of my pc!

sorry its shayah i think and it wont let me use all the features i did donate thinking i had to to use the advanced features i dont have the money to just donate is there a way i can get it back?

• Moderators
it says advanced member only on the folder removal sections

what says that on what folder removal section?

Do you mean what I've circled in the picture below?

That's just telling you that you should understand what you are doing before using this section (To note: I can see how the language might be confusing for new users of ccleaner)

You can indeed use this and all sections on the program just be careful is all it is saying

So lets get back to the removal of the program in question

1) is the program not removable via windows removal interface?

2) is this the program to which you refer http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/ ?

3)Have you followed these simple instructions? http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php...3dd6baf00d581cf

3b) if that doesn't work try http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=425921#425921

4) who told you to use ccleaner (if online please link)

I've put a watch on this topic so if you post, i'll know and come back to try and help more :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

what says that on what folder removal section?

Do you mean what I've circled in the picture below?

That's just telling you that you should understand what you are doing before using this section (To note: I can see how the language might be confusing for new users of ccleaner)

You can indeed use this and all sections on the program just be careful is all it is saying

So lets get back to the removal of the program in question

1) is the program not removable via windows removal interface?

2) is this the program to which you refer http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/ ?

3)Have you followed these simple instructions? http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php...3dd6baf00d581cf

3b) if that doesn't work try http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=425921#425921

4) who told you to use ccleaner (if online please link)

I've put a watch on this topic so if you post, i'll know and come back to try and help more :)

my registry does not have the key mentioned in the link u gave and yes im refering to what you circled! i want to remove those files!

my registry does not have the key mentioned in the link u gave and yes im refering to what you circled! i want to remove those files!

That Advanced Member does not refer to being an advanced member on the forums. It means "an experienced computer user". :)

Simplicity is hard.

I did all of the things listed to do i still have shaiya in my files to be removed and its takeint up 1.29 mb of my drive!! and tp the person above i ment advanced user and its listed on the files to be removed list! also i dont remember the site i think it was shaiya but not sure that sent me here saying that this will remove shaiya when all else fails!

• Moderators
Hi helema.

Nergal seems to know about this program, so I'll bow to his superior knowledge, and regarding your donation, I'll contact the Admin and see if we can get your money refunded.

Naw, I don't know nothin I just went to their webpage ;)

:blink:

Ok so

We're getting some where :)

Go Here and Read how to use the Include/Exclude sections http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...egistry-entries

Post if you run into problems from here (or just to tell us it worked) If it tells you something along the lines of "can't delete because file is in use" then try and restart the machine in safe mode or follow the instructions in the 3b step of my post above and disable any services and autoruns related to the game and restart the computer and try again.

:) don't worry we'll get this devil of your machine. . .

(this is why I hate "programs" that're like this game I mean come on how hard is it to make a uninstaller for when some one is finish with your program. I find these games to be akin to Malware for this very reason)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Naw, I don't know nothin I just went to their webpage ;)

:blink:

Ok so

We're getting some where :)

Go Here and Read how to use the Include/Exclude sections http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...egistry-entries

Post if you run into problems from here (or just to tell us it worked) If it tells you something along the lines of "can't delete because file is in use" then try and restart the machine in safe mode or follow the instructions in the 3b step of my post above and disable any services and autoruns related to the game and restart the computer and try again.

:) don't worry we'll get this devil of your machine. . .

(this is why I hate "programs" that're like this game I mean come on how hard is it to make a uninstaller for when some one is finish with your program. I find these games to be akin to Malware for this very reason)

umm it removed all the files but shaya is still on my pc!! i tried it all im bout to freak out! stupid game is runnin even though i deleted the aeria game keys! i hate games that bury themselves in ur pc!

• Moderators

Hi helema.

Here am I thinking Nergal is a games expert. :)

Don't freak out. Can you explain as clearly as you can what is running and where? Is there something loading at startup connected with the game?

Is it a service still running?

Are there still registry entries showing up in CCleaner?

Does the game still have an entry in Add\Remove Programs, or in CCleaners Tools\Uninstall, or in CCleaners Tools\Startup?

If you don't know how to check the above, just say so and we'll explain. I've been following the thread, but I can't get a clear idea as to what exactly is still left to remove.

Hi helema.

Here am I thinking Nergal is a games expert. :)

Don't freak out. Can you explain as clearly as you can what is running and where? Is there something loading at startup connected with the game?

Is it a service still running?

Are there still registry entries showing up in CCleaner?

Does the game still have an entry in Add\Remove Programs, or in CCleaners Tools\Uninstall, or in CCleaners Tools\Startup?

If you don't know how to check the above, just say so and we'll explain. I've been following the thread, but I can't get a clear idea as to what exactly is still left to remove.

I removed everything but when i go to the add/remove program list it shows that the program is still there and when i click to remove it it gives me an error! why they gotta make a game that wont uninstall!

• Moderators

It might just be the program entry left in that list, so there's nothing left to uninstall, hence the error. If that is the case, well done to the guys above.

Is it showing in CCleaner\Tools\Uninstall? If so CCleaner has a "Delete Entry" button.

It might just be the program entry left in that list, so there's nothing left to uninstall, hence the error. If that is the case, well done to the guys above.

Is it showing in CCleaner\Tools\Uninstall? If so CCleaner has a "Delete Entry" button.

finally its gone!! wooohoo! *passes box of baklawah around to those thay helped!*

umm i emailed them both still no reply......do you know what time they are usually on? i gotta go to an open house for my daughters school tommorrow and ramadan starts tommorrow as well so ill be cutting back on some of my computer time during the day.

• Moderators

You quite willingly paid twenty bucks under the impression that this would enable you to remove an obstinate program. With assistance from forum members and CC you eventually cleared the program, and were very happy (post 17). Now you want your money back. Why do you no longer think it was worth paying for?

You quite willingly paid twenty bucks under the impression that this would enable you to remove an obstinate program. With assistance from forum members and CC you eventually cleared the program, and were very happy (post 17). Now you want your money back. Why do you no longer think it was worth paying for?

ok i was put under tyhe impression i had to pay and then was told i did not long before it was fixed i am a mother of 3 children a stay at home wife AND cannot afford to just throw money here and there! i felt obligated to pay then wa stold i did not have to after i already paid the money that could of been used to buy new cloths for myself or one of my kids. the way you put it i gave the money knowing what it really was for then wanted it back which is not what happened! please learn a bit about a persons situation before you start to sound so judgemental!!!

• Moderators

You say that the shaiyah forum itself said to get ccleaner to remove it. If they told you that you had to pay for it, then may I suggest you take that up with them.

i think it was shaiya but not sure that sent me here saying that this will remove shaiya when all else fails

It clearly says it is freeware on the download site

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

In order to have seen the 'advanced users only' mention you must have already had ccleaner installed.

It is unfortunate that you did not understand what 'advanced user' means but it would be impossible for any software maker to be responsible for the level of understanding of it's users.

As pointed out the one thing you have gained is the game is now gone, that cannot be a bad thing :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the OP "willingly" paid $20 in the sense that she was happy to do so. She was under the impression that she needed to pay the money to unlock the features of the program that would remove the program she was having trouble with.

Had she just come here and asked for the same help without paying, I'm betting it would have been provided in just the same manner that it was.

I am guessing that English may not be her first language (forgive me, I have no wish to offend, just going by how you type certain phrases, certainly you speak English far better than I can speak any other language), so cut her a bit of slack eh?

At any rate the issue should be between her and the admins I think.