People who choose not to have Antivirus

Stev51

• Moderators

The title of this thread was

People who choose not to have Antivirus.

and that's what it is all about, choice.

Most non av users seem to come into three catagories,

Those who choose not to because they have a good knowledge of their system and have various other safeguards in place.

Those who have a fair idea of what they are doing but like the choice of a safety net.

And those who don't even know they should use one or how to use it when they get it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I don't use security software.

I don't use P2P, IM, or do anything like that. I keep my computer updated and use firefox with adblock. Just because you have a windows computer connected to the internet doesnt mean you have to go through tons of effort to keep it secure.

I've never had a virus on a home computer but I still run anti-virus.

My house has never caught fire but I still have smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and insurance.

1. May be you are just lucky. 2. Maybe you are neither online nor bring information home using external storage such as flash disk bla, bla, bla. 3. You only visit specific secure sites. :P

1. May be you are just lucky. 2. Maybe you are neither online nor bring information home using external storage such as flash disk bla, bla, bla. 3. You only visit specific secure sites. :P

Frank that really didn't make sense.

Both your posts agree with having an antivirus installed lol.

or are you just surprised he never been infected while having an av installed

fireryone

It's recommended to have an AV. It's not compulsory.

If you don't really do much surfing, no P2P, just basic stuff you can take a CHANCE not having an AV.(given, you use your brains and don't do anything stupid).

As Rorschach pointed out, he has an old PC, thus he uses no AV. If you have fair enough of RAM, etc., a free AV won't hurt, would it?

Worms have a dirty way of getting into Hard disks, Flash Disks, all that. So it's better to have an AV you know :)

If the notifications scare you too much, I am sure there is an option to change the way it notifies you. Probably.

As for me, I am very much into P2P, IM, Surfing, and other unsafe stuff.. so I NEED security. :)

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators
Humour. It has an extra u. Like colour. Theatre. It's backwards.

I've always spelled them that way even though I'm from the U.S. It used to piss off school teachers to no end way way back when I was in grade school, and I never changed it to fancy them either. :lol:

It's recommended to have an AV. It's not compulsory.

If you don't really do much surfing, no P2P, just basic stuff you can take a CHANCE not having an AV.(given, you use your brains and don't do anything stupid).

As Rorschach pointed out, he has an old PC, thus he uses no AV. If you have fair enough of RAM, etc., a free AV won't hurt, would it?

Worms have a dirty way of getting into Hard disks, Flash Disks, all that. So it's better to have an AV you know :)

If the notifications scare you too much, I am sure there is an option to change the way it notifies you. Probably.

As for me, I am very much into P2P, IM, Surfing, and other unsafe stuff.. so I NEED security. :)

Oh yes why take the chance on some MAJOR LEAGUE problems with no AV?

If you have the HD space why not, just extra protection.....

.....and unlike condoms are FREE if you want. ;)

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

I don't use p2p programs, don't visit disreputable sites, its a slow old PC, I know I can pretty much fix any infection if I was ever to get infected.

I run everything that the old HP will support for sort of the opposite reason. I probably can't fix it, and need all the protection I can get. :lol:

BTW: whatever it was I tangled with, referred to in post 18 this thread, shut the computer down. Period. Klunk. If I hadn't had Powershadow or something like it running, I think it might have been an ugly restart.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
BTW: whatever it was I tangled with, referred to in post 18 this thread, shut the computer down. Period. Klunk.

If it's something like a memory resident virus just cold booting the system will get rid of it, allowing of course for an immediate full system scan afterwords to make sure the infecting files are dealt with.

If it's something like a memory resident virus just cold booting the system will get rid of it, allowing of course for an immediate full system scan afterwords to make sure the infecting files are dealt with.

Yes, thanks, I did that, all is well.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.