A Small Problem

tcoffeep

In the last hour, I installed : Cygwin, Wubi, and Texter. After that, I uninstalled Google Desktop, in favour of Launchy. Not two hours later, I uninstalled Wubi. A little bit after, I was planning on organizing my desktop, as I almost constantly do. Here's when I noticed I could no longer move any of the icons in my desktop. Strange, I thought to myself. So I went on to organize my start menu. Couldn't do that either. I mean, I can use the applications, I just can't move anything to anywhere else.

I've scanned with MBAM, Avira, and SUPERAntiSpyware, so I doubt it's any sort of virus, malware, or otherwise. So I'm thinking, maybe it's Cygwin, or Texter. I uninstalled both, to no avail. Now, I've given up trying to find the solution myself, as I've spent the last 20 minutes searching for an answer. So I bring the question to you folk :

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I checked my desktop settings, and Lock Desktop Items isn't checked. Dragging and Dropping is enabled on Start Menu.

( Anyone who answers this gets a gold star and my eternal love and gratitude. ;) )

edit :

asffafas it fixed itself. after i spent all this time trying to find out what it was... it fixed itself. how frustrating. you may feel free to ignore this post, though, if anyone has any idea why this would occur, i'd be very interested in knowing...

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• Moderators

I would guess Microsoft suffered a bad case of information overload. Does that if you change more than one item a day :lol:

Sometimes cured by a cold boot (not re-boot) and lots of swearing!!

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I guess it's bound to happen with upwards of 12 hours uptime :P

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.