Avira AntiVir Personal 9.0.0.407 - FREE Antivirus

ishan_rulz

• Moderators

If you use it check your Windows Event Viewer for any Access Violations it may have in particular those stating it was unable to scan files which aren't locked in any way. AntiVir 9 itself doesn't report them, hence the reason to use the Event Viewer. That's why I went back to Avast.

If you use it check your Windows Event Viewer for any Access Violations it may have in particular those stating it was unable to scan files which aren't locked in any way. AntiVir 9 itself doesn't report them, hence the reason to use the Event Viewer. That's why I went back to Avast.

:huh:

Changelog = we meant this.

Btw, you can see the files AntiVir was unable to scan in the "Warnings" section of the scanlogs.

• Moderators
Btw, you can see the files AntiVir was unable to scan in the "Warnings" section of the scanlogs.

Not to confuse the two we're not referring to the same types of failed to scan warnings, such as for instance it can't scan pagefile.sys as an example.

Instead it's those with Access Violations that cause some sort of "soft" crash which doesn't crash the whole AntiVir app. Those I stated are only logged via Windows built in Event Log which can be looked at in the Event Viewer.

Avira has always been good to me. i did use AVAST! awhile back but Avira seems better.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8